Saving for a shopping spree

synstar

Hi folks,

I went clothes shopping yesterday, as I had some M&S vouchers, but despite the fact that the shops were full of styles I love I just couldn't bring myself to buy anything in my current size. So I have decided to start putting a £1 in a jar for every day I stay 100% on plan and £2 for every lb I lose, so that when I get to goal I can go on a big shopping spree. Does anybody else do this - or something similar - and do you find it helps motivation?

I think it is a fab idea, and if it spurs you on, then all the better!
i'm planning on doing this when i get home (on holiday atm, how sad that i'm on mini mins lol) as we are going to the US again next year and i can get much more for my money :)
good luck, i think you'll do great :)

Oo this is such a good idea! I'm currently saying every stone I loose go buy a new outfit :) motivates me :) haven't bought any new clothes since I started which is a killer, but will be worth it hopefully buying a size smaller :)

Good luck with it! I wish I'd put £1 away for every 1lb, I might start that - £2 might be a stretch though!

Gosh, I'm buying new clothes all the time, but then I've grown right out of everything. I'm trying to not buy anything expensive though, I did some clothes swapping and my work trousers have a tear in them (only I can see it!) so I'm in the market to replace them. For me it's important to keep buying new things to 'show off' my figure changing as I drop, because I wore such big baggy clothes before.

I reckon it'll mean putting between £5-£10 away a week (if I stick to it for a full 7 days and lose 2lbs that would be £11), which is a lot BUT I'm doing this at home this time, with my old books, so not paying £5 a week for a class. And if I am good all week, that will probably mean there will be a couple of bottles of wine missing from the shopping trolley - so overall I'd only really be saving what I otherwise would have spent and could end up with £300ish in the kitty. I've also got quite a few clothes in smaller sizes tucked away in the cupboard, so shouldn't need to buy too much new stuff as I drop the weight. Enormous, guilt free shopping spree here I come!!

I totally love this idea and i hpope you all get fab little kitties to play with!
i have a whole wardrobe of size 12's but i really hope i manage to get to a point where they are too big purely as i am only 5ft nothing and every lb sadly shows on me!
Good luck folks and here's to lots of shopping for things we like and not just stuff that fits (unless thats just me if course lol)

Great idea, i think i will join you on this! x

I really like this idea.

I put £2 away for every 1lb I lose so once I get to target (haven't decided on a final weight yet) I will have over £150 for a big treat just for me. Money is tight at the moment but as I only average about 1lb a week I don't miss the £2 or £4

Back