Saving syns?

Yes that is fine, as long as you don't feel deprived on the low syn days :)

Thanks for that, no at the moment I feel fine on low syn days and I will look forward to a glass or two of wine at weekends or being a little more flexible when we are out and about . I find you can eat so much anyway it's not too bad and I'd rather keep off things like chocolate for the most part cos when I start I can't stop lol, I think the fact you can have it if you really want it makes it not so hard to resist.

Word of warning - saving syns up doesn't work for everyone. I'm one of those unlucky ones! :( The only way to find out for yourself is to try it!

I usually save mine for wine, although I am having a month off - it's been a bit odd re-learning what syns I can have!

I count mine weekly and that suits me fine. My syns run from Monday to Sunday, as weekends are often difficult, usually eating at the in-laws. So I prefer to go easy on syns in the week so I can be more relaxed at weekends. I don't think I could do it the other way round - i.e. compensating for the weekend after the event, as I'm sure that would make me feel deprived. And I'm nearly at target using this method too.

Yes I do and it's got me all the way to target and beyond!

Hi BeckyT,

Did you save all your syns till the weekend, or did you allow some syns during each day and most for the weekend?

nona2010 said:
Hi BeckyT,

Did you save all your syns till the weekend, or did you allow some syns during each day and most for the weekend?

Well my WI day is a Saturday morning so my new syn allowance starts on a Saturday which really works for me as I will have a bottle of wine on a Saturday night and we sometimes call at the pub when we've been out with the dog. I usually end up having around 40 syns over the weekend and then I have the other 30 during the week for things like cook in sauces, marg, LF mayo and treats

I have done both and both ways work for me so I guess I'm one of the lucky ones too. Most weeks I use them daily (and will have the full 15 if I need to) but other weeks I'll have say 2-5 a day and save the rest for a night out or a meal.

Just do whatever works for you :)

I personally think no one should be eating no less than 5 syns a day, and the remaining 10 can be flexible. I think we all have enough common sense to know when we're being silly... the idea of slimming world is to eat healthy, so saving all your syns for a big massive binge at the weekend isn't healthy, mentally or physically.

hannata said:
I personally think no one should be eating no less than 5 syns a day, and the remaining 10 can be flexible. I think we all have enough common sense to know when we're being silly... the idea of slimming world is to eat healthy, so saving all your syns for a big massive binge at the weekend isn't healthy, mentally or physically.

I save me syns for a bottle of wine on a Saturday night and a choccy bar, I'd hardly say that was a big massive binge?

You need to be able to use your syns to fit in with your lifestyle. I work away a lot and have a lot of meals out so sometime I don't have a bottle of wine on Saturday night and save some syns for during the week when i know I will be out for a meal with work... It certainly hasn't done me any harm

I save me syns for a bottle of wine on a Saturday night and a choccy bar, I'd hardly say that was a big massive binge?

You need to be able to use your syns to fit in with your lifestyle. I work away a lot and have a lot of meals out so sometime I don't have a bottle of wine on Saturday night and save some syns for during the week when i know I will be out for a meal with work... It certainly hasn't done me any harm

no its not a big binge at all, I wasn't aiming my post at anyone in particular, just saying most people have the sense to know when they're crossed the line of common sense :) God if a binge was a bottle of wine I think I would be in a bit of bother lol XD

No I don't binge either, just nice to be a little more relaxed at the weekends, helps me stay on track better I think as I don't feel I'm missing out so much, just a couple of drinks and like this w/e we are going out to a fish and chip restaurant (eek!) for my nephews birthday then I tend to syn low during the week.

I try and save some for wine or malibu, but today, i made ham and cheese hash, it was so nice i had more so used up my syns today but worth it!!!

Back