Extra Easy Saving Syns

yoyoer

Silver Member
I'm interested to know what the thinking is about saving syns within a week. I can stay under 5 syns during weekdays but like a glass of wine or two from Friday- Sunday and this can add up very quickly.

If your loosing then go for it, it's not about depriving yourself. I "store" Syns for when I know I am going to have a drink/ food out and it seems to work fine. Others aren't so lucky!

Thanks I shall have to experiment. I think the main thing is to be honest about what is eaten/drunk. It's all too easy to be defensive and pretend. I managed to stay just under max today so I am pleased not to have had to borrow from the past.

Last edited:
I always have my syns on a weekly basis as my MiL comes round every Saturday night with wine & chocs. I've already measured my wine glass so I know how much I've drunk but I also save the choc wrappers & in the morning 'add' up how many syns I've had. I'm always honest with myself as it's no use pretending I didn't 'eat/drink' that as there's only me I'm kidding.

At the end of the day SW has to fit in with you otherwise you'll not stick to it, you'll soon get to know how many glasses of wine fit in within your syn allowance.

Yes it's the wine/booze that clocks up the syns for me too. I try to stick to weekends, from Friday- Sunday. Perhaps I'll try counting down from the weekly maximum and see how that works.

I usually use daily syns but when I know I have something planned I use weekly syns. It helps me stay on track rather then thinking, well stuff it I've blown today so will eat everything in sight.
This week I'm having weekly syns, plan on having between 4 and 6.5 syns a day, on Saturday I'm going to a friends and we're either getting a take-away or eating out. So I'm going to make a choice of meals within my 15 syns allowance, but then treat myself to a cake as she's planning on doing some baking and I don't want to be rude by not eating one and also don't want to miss out when everyone else is enjoying cake.

I use syns that I have saved, I dont use any from days ahead! So Tuesday is weigh day and Tues-Friday I will generally have 0 so Saturday I will usually use those 60 on a takeaway or something, or spread them out over the weekend, It generally works for me, unless it triggers a binge :(

londongirl88 said:
It generally works for me, unless it triggers a binge :(

If depriving yourself most of the week to have a blow out on Saturday triggers a binge then you really should reconsider doing this. The whole idea of syns is to stop you feeling deprived, so when you do have treats you don't get the urge to binge. This is the official sw advice, they say its fine if you can do it without deprivation. It sounds as though it triggers something in you which would surely be better to avoid?

Oh no i dont feel deprived at all, I eat loads! Its just the added syns at the weekend seem to trigger a binge sometimes, not necessarily as bad as when I wasnt following SW though, I still have some control, just not as much as I would hope!
Not having a treat at the weekend is what makes me feel deprived and give up, so in the long run I might be losing slowly but I haven't given up yet!! ;)

I use mine weekly and have lots of wine and meals out at the weekend but hardly any syns at all from Monday to Friday afternoon (Friday night is when the fun starts!) and it has always worked out fine for me. I really don't feel the need to have treats every day and much prefer knowing I can have a nice meal and a few drinks at the weekend without thinking about it.

Well I'm going to try counting down from 105 this week and try to restrict syns where possible. There are days when it should be possible and other's where I would feel deprived if I tried to stay within the daily syns limit. I feels like too much indulgance to go over the weekly limit unless I was on holiday or someting. I think there are enough choice of free food not to feel deprived on an ordinary day as long as I plan properly and have the food ready at hand.

I normally do weekly syns but definitely don't count down. I think if I did that I would just eat for the hell of it at the end and thats far too near WI! Weigh in for me is Weds which is good as gives you time to balance out from the weekend. For example, Weds, Thurs and Fri - I'll eat 0-7 syns a day, then the weekend I'll use about 60 in a night out and then depending on how good I've been on the days previous I may treat myself more. If I go over 60 or something I know to keep syns low til Weds again, whereas if I'vestayed in I can indulge evenly. Last week however I used 136 syns just on vodka in ONE NIGHT! Dreading WI tonight!!!

I weigh in on a Monday and what I used to do, admittedly I don't so much now as I've allowed myself to be less strict (need to rein it in!) was write down my syns for each day, then on friday after work I would out how many I had had and take that total away from 105. Whatever was left were my weekend syns. This used to work really well for me, not sure how it would go now being closer to target than I was then but I def think I will restart this on Monday. X

Has anyone found drink syns are as bad ie. have the same weight increase effect as food, or is it that alcohol increases appetite so we eat more food syns?

Yes, and I guess there are as many calories in alcohol as there are in fat.

Skulldilocks said:
I normally do weekly syns but definitely don't count down. I think if I did that I would just eat for the hell of it at the end and thats far too near WI! Weigh in for me is Weds which is good as gives you time to balance out from the weekend. For example, Weds, Thurs and Fri - I'll eat 0-7 syns a day, then the weekend I'll use about 60 in a night out and then depending on how good I've been on the days previous I may treat myself more. If I go over 60 or something I know to keep syns low til Weds again, whereas if I'vestayed in I can indulge evenly. Last week however I used 136 syns just on vodka in ONE NIGHT! Dreading WI tonight!!!

136 syns on vodka in one night....ur a girl After my own heart haha....r u sure u used all them in one night? That is equivalent to 30 doubles pr 60 singles..l.and by god if u can drink that and still remember how many u drink my hat goes off to u!!
Xx

fat_2_fabulous said:
136 syns on vodka in one night....ur a girl After my own heart haha....r u sure u used all them in one night? That is equivalent to 30 doubles pr 60 singles..l.and by god if u can drink that and still remember how many u drink my hat goes off to u!!
Xx

I make that 34 shots

I did 90 syns on beer this week (2 nights) and managed to lose a lb. Having said that I did stick to plan and only had another 2 syns the rest of the week

Back