Savory Vegetable Drink

Mia

Skinny girl in a fat body
Hi, is the savory drink free to drink anytime. I notice that a mug contains 11 calories, but I love it and it fills a hole until lunch / tea time. I have been having 2 - 3 cups a day (22 - 33 calories). Is this OK or should I be limiting it. I am only on week 2 SS so should I have actually having it at all?

I'd like to know this too... my CDC hasn't mentioned this drink, but I've noticed people mentioning it on the site. Any info welcome!
xxx

Hi, my CDC has said 1tsp of savoury flavouring a day. I suppose it depends on how many other "extras" you have as to how much you'll be affected by going over the allowed amount...if you just have 3 sachets/tetras a day then you'd probably be ok but if you have bars/mix-a-mousse as well then the calories could start mounting up.

Hope this helps :)

What about jelly. I found some in my pantry this week...... no fat, no carbs and only 10 cals. What harm could it do???

Thanks, :( I though it was free and I was having 2 or 3 cups. OOOppppss

Is it a CD product though? Do you get it off your CDC? I've heard people mention Marigold veg bouillion, & we have that in the cupboard - is that the same thing? I'm thinking it can't be, but if it was I'd be so happy to have an 'extra' veg drink a day!

is it a cd product though? Do you get it off your cdc? I've heard people mention marigold veg bouillion, & we have that in the cupboard - is that the same thing? I'm thinking it can't be, but if it was i'd be so happy to have an 'extra' veg drink a day!

thats what i used when i did cd,

Really??? Wow!!! 1 teaspoon in hot water? I can't believe I am so excited about veg stock!!!! It's like getting an extra meal a day! Thanks Susan!
xxx

Hi Katy

Marigold is not officially allowed on CD but the new CD Golden Vegetable drink is very similar (the old CD Savoury Veg was a nasty murky looking concoction!). I doubt there's much difference nutritionally between the CD version and the low salt marigold version, just depends on whether you'll feel like you're "cheating" with an unofficial product. I know some CDCs say it's ok but then many still say that diet coke is allowed... :D
xx

Thanks Serena... I think I might risk it.
My CDC has never mentioned the veg drink, but it might just make the difference some days. Just looked at my other post & feel like such a saddo... :eek:)

Yes it is a CD product, I think it costs about £6.95 and it has about 25 servings. 11 cals per serving. I used to drink a couple of cups a day when I was on CD before too and never ever knew you were only allowed one per day haha

Thanks Serena... I think I might risk it.
My CDC has never mentioned the veg drink, but it might just make the difference some days. Just looked at my other post & feel like such a saddo... :eek:)

LOL! Funnily enough I am drinking some as I type and looooving it!

Totally understand about the saddo bit except that you're not (or you are but we all are!) CD has a way of magnifying little pleasures like drinking what I would normally think of as "gravy"! I remember the first time I had a mix-a-mousse, thought I had died and gone to heaven :D

I also used to add some to the cd chick and mush soup made it taste totally diff and yummy.

I wish I could have the mousse, but am veggie & it's gelatine I think. I was thinking I might freeze a tetra brik and see if it turned out mousse-like. Or ice-cream like. Or anything!!! Can't try the weird recipes with the shakes where you turn them into muffins & stuff, because I am a dinosaur & have no microwave!!! Gonna go try the bouillion now... and good idea adding a bit to the soups Susan, I have gone off them lately & this could make them a bit nicer!
Saddos unite....
xxx

Frozen choc tetras are lush but make sure you take them out the freezer about half an hour or so before you want to eat it, also have you tried the choc tetra in a huge mug filled up with hot water and a spoonful of coffee in it , very very nice.

I never did any good with the recipes eg muffins etc.

The chocolate tetras freeze really well... banana and strawb not so good... Yes - just like ice cream - just take it out of the freezer an hour before you plan to eat it. It's blimmin lovely!!

Only have banana, I had a choc one & drank it as hot choc... it was nice. Don't like the banana tetra's cold, so may as well try to freeze them... roll on tomorrow! The veg drink was yummy... just great to have a new taste, and anything hot is welcome... it's been sleeting here all day!

You can drink the banana one hot too its nice but not as good as choc.lol.

I bought the veg drink from my CDC last night and she said I could drink as many cups of it as i want? Im confused now!!

Back