Red Days Savoury snack idea's

What do you snack on when you really fancy all those naughties, on a red day??

Last night i could have quite easily gone & eaten pretsels, crisps etc but refrained.

I do snack on pieces of cooked meats & that but when its crisps & things its just no good & I end up eating loads to try & curb the cravings.

I eat plenty of fruit & when I feel like savoury snacks just can't face anymore fruit - iyswim??

Any ideas?? x

I make myself some courgette fingers/dippers!

Just slice some courgettes into fingers (an average size courgette can yeild about 12 fingers), dip them into some egg wash, lightly dust with dried breadcrumbs (at 5 syns for 28g you don't use full amount so syns work out slightly less and you get so much portion wise), place on baking tray sprayed with frylight. Sprinkle with salt or spices if you wish, bake for 10 minutes in very hot oven and presto - you have a yummy hot and tasty munch for very little syns if any (I use HEB for my breadcrumbs). It might sound a bit fiddly for a snack but well worth it!

These are also good with a fromage fraise dip.

I make crisps in the micro using the crisp maker I bought from e-bay.
I also do SW potato wedges or chips.
I also love ryvita minis (1 pack - Hexb) which I crunch on plain or top with ff cottage cheese and a slice of tomato...really yum.
I tend to crave savoury rather than sweet as snacks so a SW quiche (I use quark) is also great.
If you like sweet/savoury melon wrapped in parma ham is really good. I won these in our SW raffle last week, and my hubby and I devoured the whole lot in one sitting!

A crisp maker???? Oh never heard of that so might go & do some investigating!! lol

Love the courgette finger idea - sounds yummy!! I will definatly try making some of those.

Thanks for the ideas x

Back