Saw the doctor this afternoon...

SandraB

Gold Member
Had a couple of things to mention to him, can't remember who else was concerned about taking diclofenac whilst on LT but my doctor told me that I was right to be concerned and gave me a gastro-resistant tablet called pantoprazole to take with my shake before I take the diclofenac, so I guess that I have no excuse now to 'cheat' and have an Exante bar!

Apparently my surgeon even mentioned to my doctor that I said that was going to lose weight prior to my hip replacement and his letter suggested that he didn't believe me.....when I said that I had lost 16lbs since the appointment my doctor was pretty impressed. He said that he had had a patient lose 9 st on LT and he thought that it was a brilliant diet but that maintenance thereafter was always going to be a problem....mmmmm

I'm even more determined to stick with it now!

Maintenance is hard, i lost 3st on lipotrim before and i put 1st back on in 2 weeks! you just have to realise that when you do start eating again you WILL put weight back on its just up to you to change your lifestyle to keep the rest off.

I didn't have a serious weight problem until I shattered my leg and took 3 years to recover and it still isn't right...I put weight on because I didn't realise how much I used exercise to control my weight, I've never had bad eating habits and don't like takeaways or fast food!

Can I ask how you put a stone back on in only 2 weeks? How can that be physically possible?:eek:

I went on holiday to france and ate every bad food you can imagine!! it just piled back on :( im not going to make that mistake again.

That I can understand, I have a second home in France so spend an awful lot of time there, off again tomorrow for a week but taking my shakes with me!

Fortunately I like their savoury stuff more than their sweet:D

I also was on diclofenac (tramadol, paracetamol for well over a yr) but last week was also put onto lansoprazole 30mg and was taken off diclo and put onto naproxen 1000mg which I find very helpful and not in as much pain. See how you go on it and if problems still persist go back and see what he says as I know how painful arthritis can get bur hopefully you should be fine with less tummy aches.
Good luck x

Hi SandraB

Mmmmm..indeed,I know what that doc means. I put the weight back on, mind it took a year of being totally gung-ho and careless, also I never allowed myself to get to goal first time around.
This time I plan to be a lot more careful. Was talking to a friend I hadn't seen for a while and commented on how slim she is. She said she lost weight at Slimming World and even a year later although she is goal weight she still attends classes. She said that food issues are a bit like A.A. and she needed the support constantly from her group. Think I may have to do the same after LT. I'm just not safe around food. :party0051:

Back