Saying Goodbye to the Cake Baby!

melliemel

Good sunshiney morning fellow CD'ers. I am on day 2 of SS+.

My 40th is looming (end of August) & I'm sick & tired of carrying all this extra weight around. It's time for a new me!!

So, with help & support from the lovely Nuala (my CD lady), I've started my CD journey towards a thinner, livelier, happier me.

Day 1 - Started with the apple & cinammon porridge. Wasn't too sure about the taste until I was halfway through the bowl! Popped a spoonful of the fibre powder in it to help keep things moving. Was feeling positive but very tired after a fab energetic weekend's camping with friends. By lunchtime I was feeling sort of hungry (shaky & lightheaded), but mentally not hungry. Had a mango shake for lunch, will make sure I make it with chilled water next time! Hungry feeling again by 3.45pm, managed not to pick or snack at the kids tea. Veg soup at 4.45pm while the kids had their tea. Not too keen on taste or texture, think I will try more water in it next time as I found it a little gloopy. Treated myself to a hot chocolate shake at 8pm - yummy yummy yummy!
Struggled to drink all my water, managed 7 1/2 pint glasses but felt awash with water & was weeing all day!

Day 2 - took me a while to go to sleep, but once I did, slept like a log! Have woken feeling energised, positive & happy. Wierd, but I feel slimmer already, less bloated & "yucky". Original porridge for brekkie - yummy, like this one.
9.45am - flagging a bit now, tired! Treating myself to a coffee with a little of my milk allowance.

Hello - you're just down the road from me! < but fret not, my conviction for internet stalking was quashed on appeal >

Good luck with it. I am a couple of weeks in - check out my diary and come and say hello : )

PS The porridge is the devil's own work.

Hello - you're just down the road from me! < but fret not, my conviction for internet stalking was quashed on appeal >

Good luck with it. I am a couple of weeks in - check out my diary and come and say hello : )

PS The porridge is the devil's own work.

Hey! Where are you? Well done on your amazing loss so far! Going to go & nose at your diary now!!

Hey melliemel

Once you get tomorrow out of the way i am sure the hunger pains will ease off, I restarted last friday and am hoping when I get weighed tonight I can of lost around 5lbs! I really should be weighing after a full week friday morning but this was the only slot I could get! Anyway I wish you luck, I am sure you will look fab at your 40th! I have the same goal as you and want to be 10 stone by the 13th of september. Maybe we can compare success stories at the end of august!

There are a few of us and we are all going through the same thing so do come over.

Just hopped over & have been giggling at all your posts!

Carly - thanks for the encouragement, let's definately compare.

I'm hoping for a fairly good loss in weeks 1 & 2 as we're on hols from Sat 28th for a week & I need a good motivator to stay on it over the hol. Think I will jump up a couple of levels though so I can have a meal a day. Silly me starting just before a hol, but hey, if I don't do it now, there'll never be a good time to start!

Day 2 went well, enjoyed my Capuccino hot shake at lunchtime & the chilli soup was nice too. Had an ice cold choc shake as a treat for supper. Managed 7 glasses of water, must drink more today.

Jumped on the scales this morning & there has been some weight loss which is fab. I know we shouldn't be jumping on & off the scales, but to keep me motivated, think I'll be doing it for the first couple of weeks!

Wasn't hungry this morning, had my maple & pecan (yum) porridge at 9.30 & now feel stuffed.

So far, so good. No headaches, but feel very tired (but I normally do anyway).

I am so looking forward to shopping for a nice dress for my 40th party!!

The thought of shopping spree in smaller sizes keeps me going!!! Your doing really well xxx

Back