saying no

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Moo85, 8 April 2010 Social URL.

1. Moo85

Moo85 Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st2lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(11.39%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Does anyone else find it hard politely saying no to non s/w friends who are constantly asking you to go for meals or saying they'll cook for you? I have friends who offer to cook but even though they think they are doing healthy options I know they aren't! But I feel like they think I'm being an idiot for always saying 'I can't because of my diet'. Does anyone else get the same thing off their friends?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. *Emsie*

*Emsie* Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World from home
    I think the most difficult is others cooking for you as they so often use fat and sauces etc and they think its healthy!
    At least at a restaurant you can usually choose from the menu a more healthy choice!
    I think we just have to try and stand up for our cause when we can and then allow the syns if we can't say no as feel too uncomfortable etc

4. Brightonrosie

Brightonrosie I want to be fitter again

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4.94%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    if I am in that position where I have to say yes, I will explain that since I have been dieting my appetitie is much less than it used to be. Have some free food before you go out and then ask for a small portion. if they give you a big plateful that is their problem if you end up leaving some. I never tell people I can't go out because I am dieting because otherwise you get the pressure of "one day won't hurt" scenario. With people I don't know very well I usaully say thank you for the offer but I don't enjoy eating out. Think of something that suits you. xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.