Scales going the wrong way??! :-/

nicki303

So, had my 1st weigh in after 5 days & had lost 5lbs, weighed again today after a further 4 days & have put 2lbs back on!

I feel so upset & exasperated I can't explain. I did well the 1st time I did this diet, but have since had many failed restarts for this same reason. I have been TS apart from roast beef & veg on Mother's Day & chicken & salad last night. I have been drinking at least 2litres of water a day.

Absolutely gutted that 9 days of hard work has resulted in a measly 3lbs which is half of what most people lose in their 1st week on a normal diet & just at a loss to see how I can possibly be getting heavier?! This is seriously depressing me, I feel like I'll never be slim. Just wanna throw a sickie, curl up with a duvet & hit the biscuits... :-(

Hi Nicki, I know it's exasperating but I think it might just be fluid retention from your chicken salad last night. When you weighed after 5 days of TS you will have lost a lot of water giving that great loss. Eating some regular food - no matter how 'good' it is, will make you retain some fluid. You won't have put 2lb of fat on - trust me. I think if you are TS again today and weigh tomorrow it will have gone. I've had the same thing happen to me before and it always comes straight off - plus more. Let me know how you get on x

Hi Sparkley

Thank you for your reply, I am back on TS today, off on a work trip for a couple of days tomorrow so will be off plan for a couple of days but will try to be good. I'm sure you're right so I have decided that I'll get back to TS on Sunday & will leave my scales alone for a couple of weeks.

Xx

Hi Sparkley Thank you for your reply, I am back on TS today, off on a work trip for a couple of days tomorrow so will be off plan for a couple of days but will try to be good. I'm sure you're right so I have decided that I'll get back to TS on Sunday & will leave my scales alone for a couple of weeks. Xx

Good decision! It can be so demoralising when the scales don't play fair, but if you are doing the best you can then there is little point in getting on them as, if you're like me, a gain or even a stay the same can make you think 'what's the point'! These words of advice are coming from a serial weigher so I should take my own advice!!

After too many times when the scales have messed with my head, I've taken to weighing only fortnightly. I guesstimate what I have lost inbetween based on expected losses for this programme, or try on a piece of clothing that was too tight the week before, to keep me going between weighs. Worked so far, I know I'm losing but not knowing exactly how much stops me from losing it if it's not as much as I hoped.

Back