Scales have come to standstill - week 2 (day 11 of diet)

MrsRR

After an amazing loss of 11 pounds in first week on this wonderful diet, my weight loss seems to have come to standstill !

Since Monday scales haven't moved a bit and I am getting a bit worried:(

I know my weigh in is still 3 days away but I am getting a bit concerned. I have been 100% with diet and water and it's not TOTM.

Has anyone been through this phase?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

this is common don't worry.... sometimes it just stays the same for a bit then lots come off all in one go, i don't know why but i would have thought most people if not everyone on here has had it happen to them, do not fret just hang on in there until weigh day you will be fine x

ElectricLilac said:
this is common don't worry.... sometimes it just stays the same for a bit then lots come off all in one go, i don't know why but i would have thought most people if not everyone on here has had it happen to them, do not fret just hang on in there until weigh day you will be fine x

Thank you ElectricLilac
I have got this obsession of weighing myself daily & keep very close eye on the numbers.

I will try to calm down and wait till Monday, which seems very far away!
Take care Hun
xxxxxxx

i do the same lol i can't help it but its really important not to get worried about it staying the same for a couple of days at a time it will do that and keep on doing it but trust me it goes down in the end x

ElectricLilac said:
i do the same lol i can't help it but its really important not to get worried about it staying the same for a couple of days at a time it will do that and keep on doing it but trust me it goes down in the end x

That is so reassuring to know ElectricLilac.
Really appreciate your advice and support. Thank you:)

I am exactly the same.... on the scales every morning... and i also did EXACTLY the same thing earlier this week.... stayed the same for 4 days.... and then weigh day i was 4lb lighter!!!! hang on in there!!! xxx

hey Mrsrr, i was just about to ask the same question myself, untill i saw your post , i am day 11 today, and in the first week i had lost 11.5 1bs, but since monday the scales have stuck at 12st 8, i also weigh myself every night i am a nightmare for it, but its so disheartening when the scales havent been moving, hopefully i will get a big surprise when i jump on the scales 1 night, i really hope i lose something ,if i dont i am gonna be so annoyed as i have been 100% and drinking tons of water, so much that i am surprised i havent drowned myself yet lol xxx

After an amazing loss of 11 pounds in first week on this wonderful diet, my weight loss seems to have come to standstill !

Since Monday scales haven't moved a bit and I am getting a bit worried:(

I know my weigh in is still 3 days away but I am getting a bit concerned. I have been 100% with diet and water and it's not TOTM.

Has anyone been through this phase?

So frustrating! But as the others have said it does seem to be a feature of LT. If you're 100% and drinking plenty, it WILL move ....just hang on in there!

Dx

wow denise you have had amazing losses, well done hun, whats ur secret xxx

Hun this is such a common post- don't dispair. I weight twice weekly once on Mon and on a Thurs. Mon I have a good loss usually and thurs generally less than a lb. our bodies do strange things and don't work the way logic would dictate. Don't wiegh in any more than twice a week and don't beat yourself up!! Have you taken your measurements- I found that if I had a poor loss looking at the inches lost kept me motivated as sometimes I found the low loss weeks where where the inches came off KWIM?

wow denise you have had amazing losses, well done hun, whats ur secret xxx

Thank you Hun. Some great progress, especially early on but tbh there's a bit of a mixed bag. No particular secret just plenty of water. I am doing LOTS of exercise because I've a dread of being left with list of loose skin ( at 51 My skin is not going to e very elastic) but I think, whilst exercise is obviously a good habit to develop, with LT, you'll lose anyway!

Dx

Thank you Lilac, Deezer, Michellewild, Denise and MrsJK for all the replies.
It so reassuring to know that I am not alone experiencing this.

Michellewild you sound exactly like me Hun. I know the feeling. I have been drinking loads of water to. You have done so well with your weight loss :) Let me know how you get on with your weigh in

MrsJk thank you for advice, I will be measuring myself tomorrow as I can feel my clothes getting loose:)
You are so good you only weigh yourself twice a week, I think I will have to ask my OH to hide the scales away from me and he will be more than happy to do it as he is getting so annoyed with me hopping on and off the scales so many times a day. Lol

Back