Scales seem stuck

Angellove

I'm on week five and have lost two stone. I expect things to slow down a little but the scales seem stuck at the moment and I'm worried it's not coming off.

I do weigh myself every morning seeing it drop just a fraction is a great incentive I know others might not agree with this but usually it spurs me on.

I've been really good and drinking little and often - about three litres a day. I've also been walking and cycling and doing my tummy crunches etc.

Has anyone else found they have experienced similar? If I'm 100% it will come off won't it?!

Yes, I weigh myself most days too. And over the last 4 weeks I have slowed down to about -2lb per week. Like you, I'm walking every day, going to the gym twice a week. Sticking to the diet 100%. I am still noticing a difference in my clothes, however. Believe it or not, I bought size 10 skinnies. I was never a size 10 at 10st 12lb before.
But I don't think my pharmacist believes I'm sticking to it, and I'm stressing tonight about getting weighed tomorrow. I've lost 1lb. So far this week, and I'm weighing in a day early as I'm away for the weekend. I usually weigh in on Friday.
If it wasn't for the fact I desperately don't want to stop until I'm 10 stones, I would just stop now. as I really am dreading the interrogation tomorrow.
I hope you have a good loss this week, to give you a boost. Wendy.

You have done so well, your pharmacist is probably trying to encourage you, which can sound like he is giving out. You can be so proud of what you have achieved. Well done!!! Don't let anyone stress you out and have grt weekend...

remember that with exercise you build muscle which is heavier than fat my scales have slowed down but my clothes are still getting looser I tend to go with how my clothes feel rather than my weight do not stress about small losses as they are still losses x

Your weight fluctuates during the day. Try weighing yourself as soon as you get up, then again after lunch and again before bed - it's obvious you can't be losing and gaining a pound or more in one day.
Also if you need a poo (you sometimes don't go for days on LT) or even a wee this changes your weight.

I weighed myself yesterday, went for a wee, came back and was 3lbs lighter lol!

Don't worry about it! You ARE losing weight - sometimes it slows down a bit - I had it STS one week after drinking pepsi max :(

But keep at it and you will keep getting smaller.

remember that with exercise you build muscle which is heavier than fat my scales have slowed down but my clothes are still getting looser I tend to go with how my clothes feel rather than my weight do not stress about small losses as they are still losses x
Eyes is 100% correct excercising builds muscle which weighs heavier so you should go by how your clothing extra is fitting ..;)

Thanks everyone xxx I really appreciate the replies x feeling a bit better today the scales are nudging downwards and I've tried a few things on that are looser so I know it's coming off,.

I do carry most on my weight around the middle though - that's why I'm on this plan - so for me dress sizes fall slower than pounds. Plus I'll never be that small because I've always had big boobs and a big bum/hips even when my waist was a size ten my top half was a fourteen.

Back