Scales up, scales down, scales around and round.

Lexie_dog

UNLEASHING THE BEAST!
Righty, this isn't a moan as such as my weigh in is what it is when I go to class but I'm just wondering what the "problem" is

I weigh in on a Wednesday. "Normally" for the first say 5 weeks I weighed in Weds and the scales would show a small daily consistent drop until the next Weds where I lose average 3lbs. I weigh daily at home, this doesn't upset me, it focusses me and keeps me on track, as long as I see them moving downwards generally. Also hubs weighs at home so can't get rid of them.

However for the past week and this coming Weds I've weighed in, lost 1lb and dunno what yet this week and the scales have been going mental.

They show a 4lb drop the next day. I think "party hats, I should weigh in on a Thursday" and stick to plan (HONEST I DO) and slowly over the week they creep up again by sometimes 0.5lb a day.

This isn't upsetting me, as my weigh in is what it is and I'm sticking to plan but just wondered if anyone has any idea what's going on? Beyond the "daily fluctuations of water/food" as its so strange the way its like "whoosh" but then creeping up and only in the past 2 weeks?

That's really strange Lexie. I can't imagine what it can be unless your scales are on their way out. Really curious stuff.:confused::confused::confused:

are you weighing at the same time each day.Sometimes that can make a difference.

I have weighed before and been one weight and an hour later it could be different.

Thats why I only dare to step on the scales once a week.

I weigh at home on a Saturday morning and am a terrible serial weigher, and my scales do some strange things.
Last week for example I weighed myself on Sunday (as got back from hols on Sat), I was 14.7, then on the Monday was 14.6, then Tuesday back to 14.7, then the same everyday until Saturday when I was 14st 4.5. Obviously I was over the moon with this, but couldn't understand how I could possibly have lost 2.5lbs in one day!!
I always weigh myself first thing in the morning, only difference on Saturday was that I forgot to do it before I had a shower, so had just had a shower with wet hair and all when I did weigh.

Very strange but I guess I've just come to accept it now (might have a different opinion if it goes the other way though!!)
Again I am a happy serial weigher - it keeps me on track!! Although I do know it can be a problem for some people so wouldn't recommend it to all.

I have no idea. The scales I think are fairly reliable. It was more out of curiosity than anything else I asked

Thanks for the replies though ! :D

Back