Scales

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by hypno1, 5 September 2009 Social URL.

1. hypno1

hypno1 Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    healthy eating/orlistat
    hi,

I was wondering what scales you all go by, your own or your cdc?

I was on cd a few months backa nd lost 30lbs and just weighed myself every week on my wii balance board as my cdc said that they would be as accurate as it could possibly be. This time around I have a new cdc and she weighed me on her scales, thing is when I weigh myself on the wii it is about 5lbs of a difference between hers and mine. I know in the long run it doesn't really matter as I should be just working to a time when i'm happy with my weight but 5lbs does seem like rather alot (mine are 5 under hers). That 5 does make a mental difference towards my goal but I don't want to be cheating myself iykwim? I use a straight board of wood to lay the balance board on so I know it is a flat surface and her floor is tiles.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Laura Croft

Laura Croft Happily maintaining

Diet:
    Healthy eating, was CD
    Is the board on top of carpet still? Is there any way you can weigh yourself on tiles to see if that makes a difference? When I weigh on carpet (even when I had a thick board under my scales) I weighed about 4lbs less than when I weighed in the bathroom on tiles.

If you do a search in the archives, you'll probably find a lot of info about the wii weights. I'm not sure how reliable they are, even on tiles.

Last edited: 5 September 2009
  4. hypno1

hypno1 Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    healthy eating/orlistat
    Ah I see, thanks for that. It is on carpet with the wooden board on top, don't think I would e able to do it on tiles. Hubby thinks the wii is out too but in the opposite way, he has weighed in 9lbs heavier this morning than when he weighed himself 4mths ago but he has been running and excersising so it could be muscle build up? Not sure, I don't get all that kind of thing lol

Maybe best sticking with cdc scales then.

5. mrsessex

mrsessex Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Id also stick with one set of scales otherwise you'll drive yourself mad :D

Hard floor is deffo more accurate!

6. Madferret

Madferret Mad as a Hatter

Start Weight:
    12st10lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    I always weigh on a hard floor - lino in the kitchen... my scales weigh up to 4lbs lighter on carpet... I dont really go with my scales, preferring to use the weight on my cdc scales as the gospel..

7. Blingbabe

Blingbabe Back On Track!

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    17st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    -2st6lb(-16.27%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    gillian

I go by my counsellor's scales. I would trust her to repair/update scales as they are the tools of her job.

8. mrsessex

mrsessex Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I lurrrrve my CDC's scales they are like something out of the future lol!

9. lunar jim

lunar jim Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st2lb
    Current Weight:
    17st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(4.72%)
    Diet:
    Slimfast
    The weight in my sig are all my own Wii Fit weights. It is on hardwood flooring and I've found that it usually weighs a little lighter than my CDC scales. But, I weigh myself at 08:30 each time but my CDC WI time varies between 12:30 and 2pm. I weighed myself one time just before seeing my CDC and the two weights were very close.

10. minxie

minxie One day at a time!

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.76%)
    Diet:
    Low carbs
    My scales are on a hard bathroom floor, show the same weight as those at my GP surgery but show 5-6lbs lighter than my CDC. I go with CDC weigh-in for my ticker etc but secretly think of my own as my "real" weight! Anyhow they are both showing a great loss (little pat on my own back slipped in there, LOL) and I'm happy:)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.