Scammed, and MAD.

Thanks for your reply Ro1s1n, I really appreciate it :) I know not everyone who works for them is the same but I really understand what you mean about sacrificing everything for the sake of this one measly job.

I went back to the stall and there were two different girls there, I had bought the bag off two guys. One was on her fourth day and had no idea what to say when I said I'd been in touch with Consumer Direct - she started sweating and then tried to be like 'well Victoria James has done Sarah Parker Jackson's make up before' and then I raised an eyebrow and she was all 'see how ditzy I am! I can't even say her name! Sarah Pes... Sarah Pac... Sarah Jessica Jackson...' and then she just turned around and tried to get the attention of the other woman who was working with her. The other one had a proper overpowering personality, and a HUGE gob on her. As I explained the situation, using all the phrases I'd been advised to by CD ('reeled in by misleading information', 'pressurised and talked at really fast', 'entitled to a full refund') and also pointed out they were losing valuable selling time that they so clearly needed in all the minutes they were wasting arguing with me, she then said 'Just call my manager. I can't do anything for you'. Call your manager?! There's no details on your damn website! I asked her to call her own manager and explain the situation, which she went to the side to do, while the other newbie girl was extremely put off her selling because she probably thought I'd start telling her customers to run for their lives, lol. She came back to check if I'd paid by cash or card, I said card, and then another fifteen minutes later, she came back all red faced saying she'd refund me out of her own pocket and get it back from her manager later. Fine by me! So she gave me £30, not the £1 but oh well.

Yesterday, I saw the two girls again on the bus. The mouthy one had had a really crap day and she told her friend on the phone about it, at the top of her voice, and the whole bus couldn't help but hear. I know it wasn't her who sold me the bag, and I know she probably thinks she'll get this amazing management job out of it, and I also know I shouldn't feel this way, but I smiled all the way home because I got my money back and her 'really crap day' consisted of her purse being emptied in the shared cloakroom, finding £70 rolled up between a couple of files, not knowing whether or not she had £70 or £90 in her purse, and being in a dilemma all day as to why someone would go in her purse, take the money out, and then drop it. I quote: 'I mean, why would someone do that to me? Why me? Why not someone else?'

:rolleyes:

xxx

Well done 10st10 - really glad you got your money back.

Back