1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Scan bran cake?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Gemma1986, 10 March 2009 Social URL.

1. Gemma1986

Gemma1986 Im just me!

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Can anyone please tell me what this is as heard a few mention it but never seen scan bran?
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Laurie

Laurie MM addict

Slim and Save
    its like ryvita gem you buy it at class a packet of 10 is just over a pound i think. there're diff recipes i think but this is what i normally do-

5 scan bran
    2 sachets of cadburys highlights
    2 eggs
    2 heaped tbsp sweetner
    1 tbsp golden syrup...

put scan bran in a casserol dish poor over some boiling water to soak them. With a fork mash it all up mix in all ingredients and cook in a microwave for 6 minutes. it works out the whole thing i a hexb + 6 syns. I only have half the cake at a time tho so its only 3 syns :)
  4. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

For those who don't go to class and want to buy scan bran.....
    I saw this in Waitrose last week (to my surprise!) and you can buy it in Holland and Barratt although it is more expensive. It was £1.29 in Waitrose.
  5. eye6769

eye6769 Vegetarian who lives2eat

Goal Weight:
    I have tried the recipes using scan bran but now use allbran or (supermarket make) and find its tastes great and a lot cheaper in the long run, I use proper cocoa and it gives it a real chocolate taste and no different in syns.
  6. loobylou

loobylou Reached Target. woohoo

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    I make mine this way.
    4 scan brans
    1 weetabix
    3 eggs
    1/2 cup sweetener
    1/4 tsp mixed spice
    Grated Carrot
    1 tbsp mincemeat (fruit) 2 syns
    Soak scan bran in a little hot water to soften, crumble in weetabix, add other ingredients, mix well and pour into loaf tin that has been sprayed with frylight. Cook in oven 170c for 25-30 mins.
    1 hexb and 2 syns for whole cake.
  7. JennyPiccolo

JennyPiccolo Full Member

Ah, i thought it was something you just got in England.

Where do you buy quark? I've only seen it once in the giant tesco which im trying to avoid going to.
  8. suepat10

suepat10 I am one of the 63336

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    I get my quark in Morrisons.
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.