• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Scan bran cake?

its like ryvita gem you buy it at class a packet of 10 is just over a pound i think. there're diff recipes i think but this is what i normally do-

5 scan bran
2 sachets of cadburys highlights
2 eggs
2 heaped tbsp sweetner
1 tbsp golden syrup...

put scan bran in a casserol dish poor over some boiling water to soak them. With a fork mash it all up mix in all ingredients and cook in a microwave for 6 minutes. it works out the whole thing i a hexb + 6 syns. I only have half the cake at a time tho so its only 3 syns :)

jaylou

Gold Member
For those who don't go to class and want to buy scan bran.....
I saw this in Waitrose last week (to my surprise!) and you can buy it in Holland and Barratt although it is more expensive. It was £1.29 in Waitrose.

eye6769

Vegetarian who lives2eat
I have tried the recipes using scan bran but now use allbran or (supermarket make) and find its tastes great and a lot cheaper in the long run, I use proper cocoa and it gives it a real chocolate taste and no different in syns.

loobylou

Reached Target. woohoo
I make mine this way.
4 scan brans
1 weetabix
3 eggs
1/2 cup sweetener
1/4 tsp mixed spice
Grated Carrot
1 tbsp mincemeat (fruit) 2 syns
Soak scan bran in a little hot water to soften, crumble in weetabix, add other ingredients, mix well and pour into loaf tin that has been sprayed with frylight. Cook in oven 170c for 25-30 mins.
1 hexb and 2 syns for whole cake.