Scan bran cake?

Gemma1986

Im just me!
Can anyone please tell me what this is as heard a few mention it but never seen scan bran?

its like ryvita gem you buy it at class a packet of 10 is just over a pound i think. there're diff recipes i think but this is what i normally do-

5 scan bran
2 sachets of cadburys highlights
2 eggs
2 heaped tbsp sweetner
1 tbsp golden syrup...

put scan bran in a casserol dish poor over some boiling water to soak them. With a fork mash it all up mix in all ingredients and cook in a microwave for 6 minutes. it works out the whole thing i a hexb + 6 syns. I only have half the cake at a time tho so its only 3 syns :)

For those who don't go to class and want to buy scan bran.....
I saw this in Waitrose last week (to my surprise!) and you can buy it in Holland and Barratt although it is more expensive. It was £1.29 in Waitrose.

I have tried the recipes using scan bran but now use allbran or (supermarket make) and find its tastes great and a lot cheaper in the long run, I use proper cocoa and it gives it a real chocolate taste and no different in syns.

I make mine this way.
4 scan brans
1 weetabix
3 eggs
1/2 cup sweetener
1/4 tsp mixed spice
Grated Carrot
1 tbsp mincemeat (fruit) 2 syns
Soak scan bran in a little hot water to soften, crumble in weetabix, add other ingredients, mix well and pour into loaf tin that has been sprayed with frylight. Cook in oven 170c for 25-30 mins.
1 hexb and 2 syns for whole cake.

Ah, i thought it was something you just got in England.

Where do you buy quark? I've only seen it once in the giant tesco which im trying to avoid going to.

Back