scan bran challenge

Minimins saves the day once again - I was trawling the boards looking for general inspiration and I found an idea on scan bran. Basically, I had two scan bran to eat today as part of HEX and the post I read advised mixing the mashed up scan bran with a sachet of Options and microwaving for a minute.....I used the crackling hazelnut Options and it was delish! Very close to a biscuity/brownie/flapjacky mix....yum yum!
Next time I might try to bake it a bit in the oven. So glad I found a new way with scan bran....I still have some left to use up!

ohhh can u post the link for that idea please i got 5 to eat this evening - so far only had them with marmite, quark and marmite mixed together and marmite and he cheese on top - so not very varied lol

Hi Laws,
The recipe was just to pour boiling water on two scan bran, to soften them and then drain.
Mash up the scan bran
Add one sachet of Options
Put in the microwave for one minute et voila! Chocolatey...tastes a bit like uncooked cookie mix!
I made it this morning with 5 scan bran (as opposed to just 2) and I still just used one sachet of Options... It wasn't quite as nice so maybe the proper ratio for 5 scan bran is one and a half sachets....about 3 syns? or maybe 2 sachets ie 4 syns worth?
Enjoy xxx

thankyou i have 3 syns left for today and my heb ( which is scan bran since im doing the challenge was going to have a alpen light but will have the above instead thanks hun

yummy! just done the microwave options scan bran thing and when bought it out microwave added big dollop of ff natural yoghurt- made it all chocolatty and creamy

sounds great, Clara. Scan Bran and YUMMY - never thought those terms could ever go together lol, but this wee snack is pretty surprising. Enjoy!

Scan bran with cottage cheese, cherry tomatoes and ham is gorgeous, and it keeps you full for ages!

I have my scan bran with my porridge in the morning. I put two of the cardboard things (ooops I mean Scan Brans) in the bowl and add water and microwave for 1 min. Then I add my porridge and milk and microwave to the desired temperature and then add sweetner. I have got used to eating it now and it doesn't bother me too much. Has a bit of an effect on my tummy for the first few days but that is it.

I can't say I'd choose it over chocolate but its ok ha ha x

I do like scan bran but they do look like brown carpet tiles! I made the scan bran bread pudding which was nice. My preferred 'neat' option is with laughing cow light blue cheese triangles. I did read someone else liked them with lemon curd...might try that now.

I daren't have nutella in the house - it would evaporate everytime I went near it!

Our scan bran challenge is this week..here goes!

On its own it taste like the bottom of a budgie cage :(

appetising thought haha!! :D our consultant loves it topped with laughing cow lite then lemond curd on the top?!

appetising thought haha!! :D our consultant loves it topped with laughing cow lite then lemond curd on the top?!

Not sure how anyone can 'love' scan bran. I have a love-hate relationship with it...it loves me, but I hate it! :D

Back