Scan bran challenge!

Wirik

Right, I know that a lot of people say on here that they are trying the scan bran challenge, but I've not once seen any results! So I was wondering if people would like to post their thoughts and/or results in here :)

I'll start! I did the scan bran challenge the week before last. I had scan bran cake every day but one, and I stayed 100% on track and had my usual range of syns (5-10) except for two days before weigh in where I ate 4 syns all day but also had 40 syns of wine. So I should have still been within my weekly syns. I stayed the same that week and was most put out!

What are other people's experiences with this? I am genuinely interested! It got quite difficult for me in the end so I'd love to know if it would be worth doing again on a week where I don't drink!

Were you having it INSTEAD of your usual HEXB? My experience of this is really good but need to be cycled, week on week off otherwise it has the opposite effects. You also need to MAJORLY increase your fluid intake. Not just the odd extra glass of water. Finally the alcohol could have had an effect so close to WI. Even those that do weekly syns are likely to spend them at the beginning of the week rather than close to the end.

If you are doing it all correctly and it still doesn't work then I conceed defeat but it's likely to be the fluid. Essentially it makes you "go" and you would know if it's working. Believe me. :)

I had it as my hex b, and I drank huge amounts of drinks to make sure I was ok. I was pooing through the eye of a needle, and until I had the wine my home scales were saying a huge loss but I know better than to rely on those to be accurate. I want to know what other people's losses are, because there are lots of comments with people saying "oh, do the scan bran week, its meant to be really good" but I'm yet to find a single update at the end of the week saying what loss people had! The effect on my digestive system was so savage that I want to know it'll be worth it if I'm to do it again, because by the end of the week I was choking that stuff down I was that sick of it, and I haven't spent so long on the loo since I was vegan. X

Also, the alcohol wasn't a temporary thing as I didn't have a particularly huge loss the following week either.

Sounds like it did its job :) typically I lose at least 2lb on a scan bran week BUT like everything it doesn't work for everyone. If it's not working and you really dislike it I wouldn't bother :)

I've not done the challenge for a long time but in the past I've had to ensure I drink plenty of water so you won't end up getting bunged up.
If you don't drink enough then you get the opposite effect of what it should do lol.
If you are drinking well with it you'll find the pipes are getting cleared at least 2-4 times a day lol.

I've read in the latest magazine they scan bran is now available in a sprinkles/ powdered like form. I wouldn't mind getting it like this as would be easier to eat.

I could only ever eat it either as a cake or broken up and put into soup or yogurt lol.

I might give it a try before Xmas for a boost xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I have scan bran daily in cake form, have done more or less from the start of SW this time round and I have lost 2at 8 lbs in 12 weeks and my consultant said my average is 3 lbs a week .
Wether or not this is down to scan bran I don't know?
But I have been 100% on plan 99% of the time:)
I don't drink a lot of water, mainly drink coffee all day and diet pop
And I am generally regular as clockwork usually once a day LOL TMI I know :D

Thanks for this thread which I will be following with my beady eye... I'm new to SW and toying with the idea of buying some Scan Bran. If it makes you go then that's a bonus......my most embarrassing conversation ever was during a maternity check up almost 20 years ago. It went something like this:

Doc: "So, how many movements do you have?"
Me: "Well, I've never been very regular about once or twice a week...."
Doc: "Let me rephrase that question Mrs Fox, how many times a day do you feel your baby kick inside you?"

:asskick:

You can make 'cakes' with it or eat it as a crispbread or even crumble it on food.
x It's an aquired taste x lol x

Back