scan bran .... ginger cake???

Alyce

Is it possible to make a ginger cake with scan bran?:confused:

Any one got any recipies???

Please help!!! :sigh:

Heres one i use hun. Its 1 healthy extra b or 6 syns for the lot.
You can add tbsp honey for more 2 syns (i think, your best checking first). You can get 8 slices from this recipe.
4 scan bran
1 weetabix
1 cup sweetener
3 eggs
1 tsp ground ginger (i use a little more but depends on taste)
Soften scan bran with a little boiling water, break up weetabix and add.
Add the remaining ingredients and pour into loaf tin that has been spryed with frylight and i always line the bottom with greaseproof paper.
Bake in oven 170c for about 20 to 25 mins just keep checking on it.
Hope this helps hun. xxx Loobylou

ahhh thank you!!! at last i will get my giger bread fix, thank you soo much hun :) xxx

I've just made this and it's gorgeous!! Best scan cake I've had. I added 2 pieces of stem ginger and chopped it up into it, makes it 10 syns for the cake but it's done 5 big slices and at 2 syns a slice this is super with my cuppa right now!! Thanks again Loobylou. xx

scan bran cakes easy recipe soak 4 scan bran in boiling water just enough to cover,keep mushing them with a fork then add 2 eggs 1options drink what ever flavour u prefer add 5 table spoons of sweetner e.g. canderel then whisk.put in microwaveable dish for six mins hey presto 4 syns for the whole thing.enjoy wid yoghurt or a nice cuppa........................................

These sound really nice, perfect with a cuppa. It's having things like this that can really make the difference with sticking to a diet or not. In fact thats the thing about SW it isn't really like being on a diet at all! Thanks for the recipes, I'll definatly try them.

YES!!! Oh heaven! There is a god after all. All I need now is to get a hold of some scan bran :D Thank you thank you thank you :worthy: :bliss:

:talk017:

trcy1066 said:
YES!!! Oh heaven! There is a god after all. All I need now is to get a hold of some scan bran :D Thank you thank you thank you :worthy: :bliss:

:talk017:

Just be wary that this post is nearly 2 yrs old so the syn values are different-scan bran is now 1 syn not 1/2

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back