Scan bran - is this normal?

Big_emo

I thought I would give the scan bran a try for breakfast, I had a couple soaked and then mushed up with a banana and very yummy it was to :D but now I am still feeling full from it!!!!! I actually feel like I have put on about 10 pounds since breakfast, this is all very odd for me as I am normally hungry at lunch.
Is this normal? feeling this full I mean not liking scanbran as before everyone I spoke to told me it was minging :D)

Hi Big E I get the same aswell, fill me up better than porridge, make you go to the toilet rather alot as well so you'll soon feel 10lbs lighter in no time hun ;)

It's like a Crispbread which you can buy at SW and also I think Holland and barrat? 5 of them counts as a healthy B or I think they are 1/2 a syn each, they are meant to help weightloss really well, although they are meant to taste not very nice. You can use them to make cakes and stuff with them there are loads of recipies on here

I've been having them crushed onto my salads at lunchtimes but I've been getting awful stomach ache about half an hour after lunch. I didn't include the scan bran today and my tummy was ok. Anyone else had that problem? It must be swelling up inside me or something!

I have been a little windy today (sorry if thats too much information) I soaked mine in hot water to try and stop it from swelling inside me, but I think I might have to add more. Do you think this will effect my WI next week would I be better off not having it on my WI day or do you think it would have settled down by then?

I had a couple soaked and then mushed up with a banana

just remember if you 'mush' up your banana its counted as syns, its the same with any fruit and thats why smoothies are syned. you can slice it thinly but if its crushed on then you definitly need to count it, my swc stresses it

love it.... a brand new Breakfast laxative - might have to nip over to Ste's thread and put this on as a dodgy wi tactic!

just remember if you 'mush' up your banana its counted as syns, its the same with any fruit and thats why smoothies are syned. you can slice it thinly but if its crushed on then you definitly need to count it, my swc stresses it

I forgot about that thanks for the heads up!!! I sliced them this morning :)

Back