Scan Bran or Oat Bran

StarGir1

Silver Member
Good morning everyone,

So you can have 5 Scan or Oat Bran bars as a healthy extra B....I've only ever had scan bran and I have to make it in to a cake or similar to be able to eat it so can anyone tell me the difference between the two or do they pretty much taste the same? I'll be honest here I'm not a big fan of the taste but I am a fan of the loss this can help me get.

I would love your opinion, tips or anything else on this as I have a good loss when I have scan bran and want to know if that would still be the case with Oat Bran x

They taste very similar, the oat bran doesn't have as much salt in it though, I've started buying that one as although I'm not trying to cut my salt down as such I do use a lot, so in something like that where I can't tell the difference I don't see the point in having the salty one. But they both have the same effects and taste the same.

Thanks Donna, that was such a helpful reply. I will be trying Oat Bran next week when I next go to group as reducing salt can only be a good thing x

I'll try anything to help me when I step on those scales so choosing something with lower salt seems a good idea to me and as the saying goes Every little helps :). I'm glad to know this so really thank you x

They taste very similar, the oat bran doesn't have as much salt in it though, I've started buying that one as although I'm not trying to cut my salt down as such I do use a lot, so in something like that where I can't tell the difference I don't see the point in having the salty one. But they both have the same effects and taste the same.

I picked up oat bran this week and wondered what the difference was so thanks for that Hun xxx

I brought some today from holland and Barratt. The lady said the bran ones are more soluble fibre so help with going to the toilet.

I brought some today from holland and Barratt. The lady said the bran ones are more soluble fibre so help with going to the toilet.

Oat or Scan? they're both bran ones

I've recently started on them again as won a pack in the slimmer of the week basket a few weeks back, going to buy some more on Tuesday but not sure whether to go for oat or scan

Back