scan bran , what do you do with it?

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by farmer me, 19 September 2010 Social URL.

1. farmer me

farmer me Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st13lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5.5lb(9.95%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    bought it for the first time today , put philedelphia light on it , i am nearly gagging eating it (tmi) how do you eat it ?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

I like it with cottage cheese or cheese spread. Try popping it under the grill perhaps?
    Either that or crumble it into porridge, it bulks it up!

4. Mumoftwo

Mumoftwo Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st11lb(25.24%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Oldies, but goodies!!

7 Alternative Uses For Scan Bran!

1) Glue Scan Bran "tiles" to a chimney breast, to create an interesting "rustic" room feature.

2) Cut (saw) a piece of Scan Bran into a pretty shape (a heart or a star would do). Now drill a hole at the top, thread onto a suitable length of ribbon and voila...An edible pendant!

3) Take some sheets of Scan Bran (as they come) and use as beer mats. By the end of the evening they will be softer to eat and have a lovely "boozy" flavour.

4) Scan Bran Fan: Simply glue three sheets of Scan Bran into a "fan" shape, using bubble gum. Once the heat of the day is over, discard the bubble gum and eat the fan! A lovely edible accessory and only one and a half syns!

5) Make place cards for a children's party, by piping royal-icing names onto oblongs of Scan Bran. Fun, helps kids to learn to read, and is also a healthy snack!

6) Using the rough side of Scan Bran, rub the hard skin from troublesome, ugly, heels. Your feet are now perfect for sandals! You probably shouldn't eat it after this though.

7) Glue a smaller mirror onto a "tile" of Scan Bran and decorate the edges with glued on lentils. Makes a lovely "ethnic" mirror frame for the kitchen. Make a bathroom version by gluing on small toothpaste lids and blue glitter.

My particular favourite is number 6 :)

5. -Laura-

-Laura- Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(16.35%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Lots of recipe ideas here.

I can't stand eating it as a crispbread, but often have four crumbled with a weetabix as a Hex B. The taste does take some getting used to though!

6. Shrinking_Bev

Shrinking_Bev Likes to eat.........alot

Start Weight:
    19st5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st13lb(20.3%)
    Diet:
    SW
    I like it Mumoftwo! :8855:

7. farmer me

farmer me Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st13lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5.5lb(9.95%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    thanks everyone :D

8. thelandlady

thelandlady Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st10lb
    Current Weight:
    12st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8lb(17.48%)
    Diet:
    slimmingworld
    mum of two my hubby thought i going to have a heart attack or wet my knickers with reading your replies.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.