scan bran , what do you do with it?

I like it with cottage cheese or cheese spread. Try popping it under the grill perhaps?
Either that or crumble it into porridge, it bulks it up!

Oldies, but goodies!!

7 Alternative Uses For Scan Bran!

1) Glue Scan Bran "tiles" to a chimney breast, to create an interesting "rustic" room feature.

2) Cut (saw) a piece of Scan Bran into a pretty shape (a heart or a star would do). Now drill a hole at the top, thread onto a suitable length of ribbon and voila...An edible pendant!

3) Take some sheets of Scan Bran (as they come) and use as beer mats. By the end of the evening they will be softer to eat and have a lovely "boozy" flavour.

4) Scan Bran Fan: Simply glue three sheets of Scan Bran into a "fan" shape, using bubble gum. Once the heat of the day is over, discard the bubble gum and eat the fan! A lovely edible accessory and only one and a half syns!

5) Make place cards for a children's party, by piping royal-icing names onto oblongs of Scan Bran. Fun, helps kids to learn to read, and is also a healthy snack!

6) Using the rough side of Scan Bran, rub the hard skin from troublesome, ugly, heels. Your feet are now perfect for sandals! You probably shouldn't eat it after this though.

7) Glue a smaller mirror onto a "tile" of Scan Bran and decorate the edges with glued on lentils. Makes a lovely "ethnic" mirror frame for the kitchen. Make a bathroom version by gluing on small toothpaste lids and blue glitter.

My particular favourite is number 6 :)

Lots of recipe ideas here.

I can't stand eating it as a crispbread, but often have four crumbled with a weetabix as a Hex B. The taste does take some getting used to though!

Back