Scan Bran?

pnewton75

Starting Again
What is it?
I've noticed it on lots of recipes....

And where sells it?

Thanks
Paul

either your consultant or holland and barratt :)
I love it couldnt eat it as it is tho too hard and cardboard like:D only in cake form my latest was a choc and coconut cake 9 syns for the whole cake!! mmmmm

It does keep you regular, but I'd use it to build an extension!:p or keep slugs off my hostas.

im reading this eating my scanbran brownie and vanilla yoghurt hitting the munchies spot just right.
its worth having a pack each week as it keeps you regular without a doubt!! works well in cakes (for life of me i cant think how it works just does lol)

im reading this eating my scanbran brownie and vanilla yoghurt hitting the munchies spot just right.
its worth having a pack each week as it keeps you regular without a doubt!! works well in cakes (for life of me i cant think how it works just does lol)

yum, tell me more!

Yeah I have only ever eaten it in cakes. There are a fair few to choose from ie, chocolate cake, christmas cake, smothered in quark & fruit cake.

I have tried it on it's own & it is defiantly not to my taste. A guy at our group is at target now & has swawn by it - he used to buy packs every week & has lost every week that I can remember.

I tried scanbran for the first time last week & loved them. I mixed a little jam with some quark & spread it over them, yummy. I also melted some chocolate & drizzled this over them (tried to get a flapjack effect) but it didn't really work, obviously it needs more practice:D

I like the sound of that!
Can you tell i'm craving something sweet?

ive been experimenting with scan bran and come up with brownies!
im rather impressed ive been playinga round with scan bran today and made something that tastes like brownies.
i cut mine in 6 . so it works out around 1.5 syns a piece :)

5 x scanbran (hex)
3 x eggs separated
vanilla essence
hot choc sachet (2 syns) if you want it more choccy then replace this with 28g cocoa but that would be 4.5 syns
8 tbs splenda
28g white and dark choc chopped (7.5 syns)

whisk whites till stiff. soak scan bran in hot water and mush add yolk, splenda,vanilla and hot choc.
fold in whites but dont overdo the folding in.
pour in to a oven dish or sandwich tin. bung in the oven at 200, then 5 mins after put in the oven add the chopped choc and continue to cook for 5 mins . remove as soon as springy.
and enjoy .
its really nice with the vanilla yoghurt or hot out of the oven :) i ate a whole tray and didnt even feel guilty as i could have done alot more damage than eating this!!!

Liking the sound of those Brownies..... think I might not just keep my syns for alcohol anymore!!

they all sound yummyyyyyy hmmmm

Back