• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

scan brans???

People at my group say they definitely need something to go on it! Personally I dont fancy them but they are supposed to be fantastic for weight loss

i've had them in my porridge for brekkie....with a sliced up banana too.....i think it depends on whether you like the taste of bran or not.....i quite like sultana bran so i don't mind it in my porridge....

I keep thinking about making some of the cake recipes that are arou nd but haven't got round to it yet....

they're not too expensive so give them a try.....I don't think i could eat them on there own or with savoury topping on though (like ryvita)....

Claire1981

Is so very nearly there!
Iv just tried em and they really aint that bad! Need a drink but make the ferrero rocher recipe with nutella - all good imo! x

Msblue

I usually have mine as a kinda porrige - bit of water, bit of milk from HexA Nuke in Microwave add chopped Banana. Love it like that! Five Scan brans is a lot of porrigey stuff, so I use 2 or three and have the others for supper or a snack.
Have also had them with just a skim of marmite - bit like twiglets!! Or Half fat cream cheese. And used them as breadcrumbs on SW Scotch Eggs (nom nom nom)
They are VERY filling - if you eat dry they seem to swell in your tummy and keep you full a long time.
Also keep things moving along nicely ;)

i have just ate some! i usually have sliced banana on them topped with canderel and cinnamon
mmm! or i have a bit of cottage cheese across them..
i just ate them with muller light spreaded across them

i tried a scan bran cake, was okay, i spreaded nutella across it which made it YUM! had to syn all that though

it definitely helps weight loss i think

julie19

Silver Member
They are not too bad once you get used to them, they are a speed food & for the last two weeks I have been making a concerted effort to eat at least one portion of them each day & 3 out of the 7 days I have them as both my healthy extras, last week I lost 3 and I didn't do anything different apart from add the scan bran in, I used to think they were like chewing on a piece of chipboard:p but I have got used to them now - the scotch eggs made with them are really nice.

dehli

Silver Member
They look like MDF and are about as tasty! They're full of fibre though, and low carb. I sometimes have them crumbled on a salad to get a bit of crunch. The ferrero rocher things are lovely, you'd never guess it was scan bran.

I have also 'wondered' about buying these too. Might give them a try and buy some at group this week x

Oooh, I think I'll get some at next class. :)

Hubby says MDF looks MUCH nicer!!! Seriously though, you DO get used to it, and it DOES help weight loss - definitely worth trying, some very good ideas above.

Have you all seen the recipes on the "SCAN BRAN RECIPES ANYONE?"
thread, on the SW Recipes section?