Scandalous !!!

fillymum

synful soul
I was talking to a friend in Northern Spain yesterday. She is a Scot married to a Spaniard. He works for the local authority, the Town Hall in a fairly low paid menial position. They are grateful he has work in the financial climate we are in at present.

His December's salary was paid into the bank as usual and she was shocked to see a deduction by the bank on her statement that was of 2% of his salary for " The Central European Bank ". When she queried what this was she was told it was a fund to help the banks of European countries who are in great financial difficulties !!!

She is waiting to see what happens with her salary, she is an English teacher and her salary is paid into a different bank.

I find it hard to believe that this can be legal......to take money without consent and on top of that to alleviate a situation that has been caused largely by the banks.

Has anyone else heard of this happening?

Unbelievable; I had heard something in the news they were trying to set something up, like an insurance plan, but on a much larger scale. But this is beyond believe. I'd be interested to see if your friend has 2% deducted. Did they try & get his 2% back? And I assume they checked to see if it was legal.

I will know today as she is going to the bank today.

Back