Scared about weigh in tonight :-(

Ponytales

Silver Member
Oh dear, I was away with my family caravanning over Easter and it all went a bit wrong.

I didn't have any Easter egg, but over the course of 4 days I did have fried fish (with salad instead of chips), loads of wine, several pints of beer, crisps, simnel cake, chocolate brownie, Sunday roast complete with Yorkshire Pud, cheese and biscuits...the list goes on... .

Okay I wasn't as naughty as I would have been BSW (before Slimming World) but it's the first time I've fallen off the wagon since I restarted 6 weeks ago and I'm really cross with myself. I know full well what my family are like (My Mum and sister in law always bring loads of cakes and goodies whenever we go anywhere) so I'm annoyed that I wasn't better prepared mentally to say NO

When I got home I weighed myself and was about 5lb heavier than when I left.

I've been fairly good the past few days, although not as good as I had planned to be to reduce the damage.

I have weigh in tonight. I'm crossing my figures that I have managed to stay the same but hand on heart I'm sure it will be a gain and I'll be even more cross with myself.

I know we always say draw a line and move on, but I'm scared how a gain will affect me as I've been strugglibng to stay on track since I got back. I've had a taste of all the naughty stuff and |I desperately need to get my head back in the zone.

Any advise?

Firstly, :bighug:

Secondly it will be ok. We all think the worst after a stumble but it's never as bad as we think. Xx best of luck for later and if it is a gain, at least you'll know why and can put it right.

Best of luck with weigh in! It won't be as bad as you think and even if you do see a gain, you know why it happened so hopefully that will motivate you to avoid doing the same things again. The fact you say you've tried to mitigate the damage by having good days shows you care.

Don't beat yourself up, expect a gain, then put a period and start again this week. :hug99:

That's just life! We can't be perfect every day - well, I certainly can't!

You had a good time with your family, which is important. You will probably remember the fun you had far longer than you will remember a couple of pounds gain.

It might not be as bad as you think, but even if it is, you know what caused it and you know what to do about it. Stop over-thinking it and just do it!

Well I nearly fainted when I got on the scales as I had managed to lose half a pound:party0049:

I was just annoyed with myself as I have set myself a target for my birthday in 5 weeks and I was well on schedule and now it will be very close.

Oh well, all the more reason to really go for it this week I guess.

Last edited:
Well I nearly fainted when I got on the scales as I had managed to lose half a pound:party0049:

I was just annoyed with myself as I have set myself a target for my birthday in 5 weeks and I was well on schedule and now it will be very close.

Oh well, all the more reason to really go for it this week I guess.

told you it wouldnt be as bad as you thought xx

Congratulations on the half pound off! I don't think any of us are going to go through this journey without having the odd event or slip-up getting in the way. The key thing is getting back on plan afterwards, which you did and still lost!

To be honest I thought you did exactly the right thing and agree with AnnaFaraday You had a lovely time with your family, made a few healthier choices (salad with fish, no chips) got back on track and got on with your life. That is the beauty of SW !

Back