Scared Of What Im Gonna Look Like

naomi1611

Will B Slim
Hi all
The other day when i was looking in the mirror at my face i thought i looked a bit strange. I like my face but now i wonder if im going to hate it once i am a size 12:( . Does anyone else feel like this?

well i cant say im worried except for the baggy skin :eek: :eek: :eek:
but i like the fact that my face is getting cheekbones

i worry cos when i think how i looked at 20ish i wouldnt mind looking like that again. wasnt "wow" but i was used to my face and knew how to dull bits down or up with make-up. thing is....this face is now a decade older and i wonder if i still have cheekbones or if i will look stupid etc. i think illogically its just a fear of the unknown or cos we place so much power on how great things will be when we r slim we then start to question it.

logically tho...i have to look better slim than i do now, even if only slightly (surely??) im not meant to have five chins so surely there will be a benefit to losing 4 of them lol.

I was wondering about that one too but NOW that I'm nearly there, people keep saying how well my face looks and that's it's halved in size and it's lookin' pretty good now!!!

So don't be worrying at all .. you will love you!!!

u r a good looking woman naomi...sure u dont have anything to worry about! natural to have fears at something so quick and life changing tho i guess.

Hi naomi

I have lost 42lb and I feel exactly like you, I hate my face at the moment even though everybody keeps saying I look really good ~ I DONT
Its really weird as I thought I would feel better about myself as I loose weight, but I dont I honestly truly feel I look worse. I am not saying it for people to flatter me but I think its a very weird reaction. No intention of ever ever giving up on this as I will be slim one day. I am hoping that as I loose more and more weight I will feel more confident

I am so pleased to be on this site as I thought I was going slightly crazy (bit like Britney spears he he he !!! )

Yeah you are all right, i guess i will get my confidence back and then probably get used to my new slimmer face and feel good.:)
Shaza im sure nobody wants to do a Britney at the moment lol

Naomi, I think you have a pretty face, it will just get more 'refined' as you lose the weight. I'm 42 and already my chins & neck are looking rather 'crepey', WTH, I'll save up for a FULL BODY & FACE LIFT!!! If I need it!!lol ( or rather poor hubby will have to do TONS of overtime, tho' he won't mind as long as my boobs get 'done')
Don't worry, you will look even more gorgeous!
xxxxsharon

My best friend came to visit today. He has been my best mate for 25yrs. Today he told me I am losing weight because the rear of my trousers is very saggy and my head has shrunk :confused:

If I didnt know him better Im thinking a slap would have been in order :) he is not the most tactful of people but just the fact he noticed is a bonus!! We had a good old laugh at my saggy butt and peanut head - I think I burned a few calories laughing :giggle: Im not scared of what Im going to look like - in fact now following his comments Im intrigued!

My mum said I dont look "fat" anymore. She said I look very Chubby, but have lost the rounded sluggish, unhealthy look and am starting to get some curves and a twinkle in my eye again!
Mums are so much better at compliments!!

So, dont be scared - Im sure you will look even more beautiful than you already are! :)

xx

I gotta be honest here.

Now that I have lost a lot of weight, I definitely look older, and my eyes look baggier. I seem to have more prominent lines.

It's not my imagination.

What can one do? Stay fat? No, thanks.

I remember watching Jonathon Ross interview Kathleen Turner about 15 years ago, he asked her a question about her fluctuating weight.

She said "there comes a time in a womans life where she has to choose between her butt and her face" I thought it was quite amusing at the time, but now I'm 34 and almost at goal following an 8 stone weight loss I have to say she was spot on!

A friend said that I look a little gaunt in the face and that loosing weight has aged me. Most of my friends and family think I should have stopped about a stone ago but I guess I chose my butt!

I feel a lot better than I did 8 stones heavier and if it bothers me in the future there are always fillers and botox! :D

hehe! i love that kathleen turner comment.

i too will choose my butt as im sure my face wont be anything a good surgeon cant fix quite frankly. i'd rather have a ace lift than a butt lift anyways xxxx

Back