Scared to get weighed

louizey

Hi everyone, i have been lurking for 2 weeks now - inspired by everyone on their weightloss journies :)

BUT... i have the fear of the scales, and im sure i am not the only one! tonight will be my 2nd weigh in, i lost 5lb on week one (abso no idea how that happened!) but because of this, i am bricking it that tonights weigh in will show nothing. actually got palpatations just thinking about it, and i dont wana go to class lol.

i started at 12st2 on Jan 05th (now 11st 11), my short term goal is to get into the 10s. i really want to get at least 1lb off tonight, but being the pesimist that i am, have no confidence in myself whatsoever.

i will sound like a total hypocrit coz this time last year i weighed 14st4, and lost weight through different ways but could never find my comfort zone.... fingers crossed slimming world is for me and the fear of the weigh in passes, i cant handle this weekly anxiousness. :(

Well why not do a blind weigh in? You go and get weighed but are not told what the scales say. You can be told if you have lost or gained or just not be told at all. Just let your consultant know thats what you want to do :)

Well why not do a blind weigh in? You go and get weighed but are not told what the scales say. You can be told if you have lost or gained or just not be told at all. Just let your consultant know thats what you want to do :)

haha i dont know if that would make me worse or not lol.

i just dont wana fail at this!

Even if you maintain this week, 5lbs over 2 weeks is still fantastic. Don't worry :) I'm sure you'll have lost, maybe not 5lbs again, but if you loose a lb or two its all in the right direction.

I did blind WI's for a while and would do them again, I find sometimes I get too focused on what the scales say rather then how I feel. I could be feeling great and slim ect. but then get really down because I maintained or gained half a lb ect. I found when I was doing blind WI's I was happy, I did this while in target and just told my consultant to tell me if I went out of my target range, but I found it was great for just letting me focus on doing the plan and feeling good rather then what the scales say. At the end of the day when people see me they don't see a number on the scales they see me.

Even if you maintain this week, 5lbs over 2 weeks is still fantastic. Don't worry :) I'm sure you'll have lost, maybe not 5lbs again, but if you loose a lb or two its all in the right direction.

I did blind WI's for a while and would do them again, I find sometimes I get too focused on what the scales say rather then how I feel. I could be feeling great and slim ect. but then get really down because I maintained or gained half a lb ect. I found when I was doing blind WI's I was happy, I did this while in target and just told my consultant to tell me if I went out of my target range, but I found it was great for just letting me focus on doing the plan and feeling good rather then what the scales say. At the end of the day when people see me they don't see a number on the scales they see me.

i know its all in my head! so got 2lb last night, thats 7lbs in first 2 weeks, which i know is great! just hope i keep it up now. got a wedding in March, and i wana be skinny! haha

Back