Scared to have syns

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by kettlechip, 27 June 2011 Social URL.

1. kettlechip

kettlechip Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st2lb
    Current Weight:
    9st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st6lb
    Lost(%):
    2st12lb(23.53%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I follow EE on Slimming World, this is my first week and I'm just scared to have syns, I want to lose as much as possible (obviously) but have been told I should have some have syns.

The only syns I've really been having is like 1 tiny aero chocolate bubble thing (theres like 200 in the packet haha) and stir fry sauce.

I'm worried if in week 2 i start having syns everyday I'll experience a weight gain, but now understand I need to have syns to stop me giving up. But I'm wondering if eating syns will help the weight loss physically aswell as physcologically?

Does anyone know if say a "healthy sin" is worse than a "non healthy sin" (crisps/chocolate etc.?) if the same syn count is consumed?

Sorry if these are all newbie stupid, questions! Waiting for your reply :) x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Have your syns! Even if you had the full 15 every day it only adds up to 300 calories a day or 2100 over the week, so not even enough for one pound in weight.

And a syn is a syn irrespective of what you use it for. Yes some foods may be more nutritionally sound than others but the purpose of syns is to make sure you do not feel deprived so use them for whatever you need to

4. SandiB

SandiB Member

Dont be scared to use your syns to have treats. I've been doing SW for 7 weeks and used the full 15 every day. I've lost every week totalling 1 stone 3 pounds!! I have choc and cheese every day!! Yum!!'

5. laura2481

laura2481 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11.5lb(12.29%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi! Answered your questions in purple!

The long and short of it is- don't be afraid to have your syns. Have them and enjoy them, they are part of what makes the plan work! :)

Good luck! :D

xx

6. littlemeercat

littlemeercat Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st3lb
    Current Weight:
    10st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st1lb
    Lost(%):
    6st3lb(38.33%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Hi kettlechip

I agree completely with what everyone else has said. Have your syns and enjoy them!! I spend all my syns on chocolate every day and I've lost each week so far.

It really does work. Good luck x

7. nixterjoe

nixterjoe Member

I bought the low syns snack book it is fab and tells you every branded and non branded 5 syns and under it is my bible

8. Flark

Flark Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st2.5lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4.5lb(21.43%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I find my weight loss plateaus if I don't have my syns, and has a massive boost if I do!x

9. ~*~Louisa~*~

~*~Louisa~*~ bye bye baby tummy

Start Weight:
    14st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(10.61%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Eat your syns, your metabolism needs x amount of calories to work at its best, also if you drop too low in your calories you will STORE fat

on a week i ate little i gained 2lb on a week i ate loads always about 10 syns absolutly ate loads of free food i lost 4 1/2!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.