Scared to have syns

kettlechip

I follow EE on Slimming World, this is my first week and I'm just scared to have syns, I want to lose as much as possible (obviously) but have been told I should have some have syns.

The only syns I've really been having is like 1 tiny aero chocolate bubble thing (theres like 200 in the packet haha) and stir fry sauce.

I'm worried if in week 2 i start having syns everyday I'll experience a weight gain, but now understand I need to have syns to stop me giving up. But I'm wondering if eating syns will help the weight loss physically aswell as physcologically?

Does anyone know if say a "healthy sin" is worse than a "non healthy sin" (crisps/chocolate etc.?) if the same syn count is consumed?

Sorry if these are all newbie stupid, questions! Waiting for your reply :) x

Have your syns! Even if you had the full 15 every day it only adds up to 300 calories a day or 2100 over the week, so not even enough for one pound in weight.

And a syn is a syn irrespective of what you use it for. Yes some foods may be more nutritionally sound than others but the purpose of syns is to make sure you do not feel deprived so use them for whatever you need to

Circes said:
Have your syns! Even if you had the full 15 every day it only adds up to 300 calories a day or 2100 over the week, so not even enough for one pound in weight.

And a syn is a syn irrespective of what you use it for. Yes some foods may be more nutritionally sound than others but the purpose of syns is to make sure you do not feel deprived so use them for whatever you need to

Dont be scared to use your syns to have treats. I've been doing SW for 7 weeks and used the full 15 every day. I've lost every week totalling 1 stone 3 pounds!! I have choc and cheese every day!! Yum!!'

I follow EE on Slimming World, this is my first week and I'm just scared to have syns, I want to lose as much as possible (obviously) but have been told I should have some have syns.

Yes! have at least 5 day, but up to 15syns.

The only syns I've really been having is like 1 tiny aero chocolate bubble thing (theres like 200 in the packet haha) and stir fry sauce.

Which has probably added up to about 3 a day (I'm guessing, I don't know exactly what sauce you are having) There is no need to deprive yourself- the syns are built in the plan so you can maintain it long term.

I'm worried if in week 2 i start having syns everyday I'll experience a weight gain, but now understand I need to have syns to stop me giving up. But I'm wondering if eating syns will help the weight loss physically aswell as physcologically?

Generally most people find they loose better with their syns, rather than without so yes, it can help physically as well as psychologically :)

Long term, you would seriously struggle to maintain the plan not having any syns as all, so you may well end up bingeing or giving up altogether

Does anyone know if say a "healthy sin" is worse than a "non healthy sin" (crisps/chocolate etc.?) if the same syn count is consumed?

A 'healthy syn' eg using syns for dried fruit instead of chocolate, or a high fibre cereal bar over a glass of wine is no worse or better than the 'unhealthy syn'. You can use them however you like.

Sorry if these are all newbie stupid, questions! Waiting for your reply :) x

Hi! Answered your questions in purple!

The long and short of it is- don't be afraid to have your syns. Have them and enjoy them, they are part of what makes the plan work! :)

Good luck! :D

xx

Hi kettlechip

I agree completely with what everyone else has said. Have your syns and enjoy them!! I spend all my syns on chocolate every day and I've lost each week so far.

It really does work. Good luck x

I bought the low syns snack book it is fab and tells you every branded and non branded 5 syns and under it is my bible

I find my weight loss plateaus if I don't have my syns, and has a massive boost if I do!x

Eat your syns, your metabolism needs x amount of calories to work at its best, also if you drop too low in your calories you will STORE fat

on a week i ate little i gained 2lb on a week i ate loads always about 10 syns absolutly ate loads of free food i lost 4 1/2!

Back