Extra Easy Scared!

Lolacola83

Hey guys, i use to use this forum alot on my weight loss journey back in 2012 when i lost 8st 5.5lbs. unfortunately it took just over a year to gain it all back plus more :(
I managed to get depressed when i lost all my weight, i was a good weight, i felt good and looked good but was trying so hard to hit target ( i felt like i had to do it for everyone in group as they all championed me ) and it wasn't happening. Then i was getting married i had gained a little bit but was abit happier. After our honeymoon we decided to give up smoking and within 2 weeks of giving up smoking i was pregnant with my first child so you can imagine? No smoking, suddenly pregnant = i can eat what i like! Nope!

Anyway i have gained an extra 2 stone on top of what my starting weight was back in 2012 so you can imagine how i have been feeling about it all!

Started Slimming world again this week as a mum of 1 and a non smoker ( gotta look at some positives ,right? )
I'm just scared it will happen again :(

Hi there Lola and welcome back. You have done a lot to be proud of these past few years, don't just focus on the gain.

Like yourself I was around in 2011/12 and got to a five stone loss before it all went pear shaped in my life and I ended up putting on 3 of the 5 stone I lost. I've been back on plan for five weeks and am down a stone and I feel so much more positive about myself because I'm back in control.

Will it happen again? Who knows. For me, I think I'm always going to have issues with food, comfort eating mainly and also to put a wall of fat around me to keep people out. But I also know I couldn't carry on the way I was, getting bigger and bigger and more and more unhappy. Like you it took me a while to get the spiral under control and make the decision to get back on track but once you have started you will feel so much more positive.

Sometimes its a long journey, because as a lot of us know, it's not just about the food but the emotions that surround us. But I would rather be taking this road rather than the fast route to an all you can eat dine in. Even if I do end up there sometimes at the back door clutching a doggy bag :)

you can do this hun, think about why you are doing this. you have done it once before, you have a child you want to be healthy for, feel better for you. I know its scary putting on as i put weight on before but now i look back and wonder why i was scared? here i am 6 months down the line and nearly 4 stone lighter and nearly halfway through my journey! you can do this!

Back