scary day

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by jamstar, 5 February 2010 Social URL.

1. jamstar

jamstar Member

god had a life changing experience today, haven't been feeling too well lately and went to doctors today. I have a gland infection, so given antibiotics. Returned to work and took tablet, within 15-20mins started feeling itchy all over even inside mouth throat and ears. Next windpipe started swelling and couldn't breathe, luckily enough there's a health clinic opposite where I work and they took me over there. I was given oxygen and steroids I've now slept all day but god I've had amoycillin all my life and now I'm allergic to it what's up with this. I really thought I was going to die.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Morgawr

Morgawr Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    SW Group
    Glad you are feeling better now. Very scary.

4. Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays Gold Member

Start Weight:
    9st11lb
    Current Weight:
    8st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(11.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I've had this happen to me twice, once I'd had a drink & didn't worry, the second time I hadn't been drinking, it's very scary. You right it is life changing you certainly view things differently.

5. jamstar

jamstar Member

the scary thing is other people don't realise how scary it is, because you say you're alright they take it at face value, but look at me now 12.21 and I'm still awake I'm usually in bed by 10 o'clock.

6. suepat10

suepat10 I am one of the 63336

Start Weight:
    20st3lb
    Current Weight:
    20st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Wow, that muct have been frightening !

Hope you are feeling better now xx

7. eternity

eternity Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    9st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    7st0lb(42.61%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    SW
    I hope you feel better now xx

8. judimac

judimac Mad old Bat with Attitude

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Diet:
    WW
    You can become allergic to things at any time in your life. Thank goodness you were so near a clinic and you're ok.

9. jamstar

jamstar Member

I know I've only just found this out. It scared me big time won't let them give me these meds again will question everything from now on.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.