Scenic Route

suepat10

I am one of the 63336
I've just found a spreadsheet on my computer showing how I've taken the 'scenic route' with Slimming World.

I first joined on 21 May 2008 which is just under 20 months ago so by now I should have well and truely got to the maintaining stage - except here I am with 7 stone or so to lose.

BUT I can see from that sheet that I've lost 3 stone 5.5lb. Inch wise nothing from my bust, 3 from my waist and two from my hips. Probably more importantly my BMI has dropped from 48.3 to 40.09 so only a smidgen to go to drop from clinically obese to obese - another 6lb. OK, that sounds a little kooky to get excited about but at least it's going in the right direction.

SO instead of getting grumpy with myself for having taken so long, I'm going to look at what I have achieved and use that as insporation to get my finger out!

I did that too, after dropping 5 stones I have really struggled to do anymore so I have reset all my losses to zero. Still have about 4 1/2 to drop but the scenic route is fine for me, as you said it is in the right direction. We have to be able to live and learn to eat healthily and SW gives us the power to do that and reach our goal. Good luck with the rest of your journey, maybe that destination won't be too far off :)

The key thing is that you're doing something about it. You're not settling for your initial loss. You're persevering and that's great! Well done you! X

What a lovely positive post! So often we focus on the negative, but if we take stock of what we've actually achieved then the future looks alot brighter. Thankyou for reminding me of that.

Stacey- I think 6 stone in 2 years is fab-not a scenic route at all!!

And as previously mentioned, even those who are on the scenic route are still making great progress!! You are heading in the right direction and each pound lost is another step to improving your health! You are sticking with it and that us so important!!

Such positivity here ladies - fantastic xxx

I think for the first time in my life I dont care how long it takes me to lose weight - I want to learn how to live and eat healthily and have weight loss as a side effect, so that it is permanent and I think SW is perfect for that goal.

Loved your post Sue.

I'm also taking the scenic route, I have 124½lbs to lose and I am a slow loser, so I am enjoying the sights along the scenic route too - but we will make it sooner or later, good luck to for your weight loss in 2010. X

Great post and congrats on your fab loss so far! :D

I'm also on the scenic route and have come to the conclusion that it really doesn't matter how long it takes me as long as I get there in the end and enjoy the journey along the way. I will get there this year, but that is the only target I am setting myself.

I've been faffing around for the last 5 months and just lost 9lbs over that time, and then re gained it all Oooops! But, I know I can do it this time, I enjoy the plan and am not completely giving up after little blips - which I have always done in the past.

I probably could have got to goal by now, but I have still had the odd break, had some lovely times out. I know target will happen, just not as fast as it does for some.

Stick at it and lets have a fab SW year :D

Back