Scenic Route

Discussion in 'Syn Values' started by suepat10, 9 January 2010 Social URL.

1. suepat10

suepat10 I am one of the 63336

Start Weight:
    20st3lb
    Current Weight:
    20st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I've just found a spreadsheet on my computer showing how I've taken the 'scenic route' with Slimming World.

I first joined on 21 May 2008 which is just under 20 months ago so by now I should have well and truely got to the maintaining stage - except here I am with 7 stone or so to lose.

BUT I can see from that sheet that I've lost 3 stone 5.5lb. Inch wise nothing from my bust, 3 from my waist and two from my hips. Probably more importantly my BMI has dropped from 48.3 to 40.09 so only a smidgen to go to drop from clinically obese to obese - another 6lb. OK, that sounds a little kooky to get excited about but at least it's going in the right direction.

SO instead of getting grumpy with myself for having taken so long, I'm going to look at what I have achieved and use that as insporation to get my finger out!

judimac likes this.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. suepat10

suepat10 I am one of the 63336

Start Weight:
    20st3lb
    Current Weight:
    20st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Just seen that this gives me a BMI of 40.2. Curious!

4. frugal fifer

frugal fifer Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st1lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    5st9lb(29.59%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I did that too, after dropping 5 stones I have really struggled to do anymore so I have reset all my losses to zero. Still have about 4 1/2 to drop but the scenic route is fine for me, as you said it is in the right direction. We have to be able to live and learn to eat healthily and SW gives us the power to do that and reach our goal. Good luck with the rest of your journey, maybe that destination won't be too far off :)

5. vikstar

vikstar Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st3lb
    Current Weight:
    9st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(12.1%)
    Diet:
    SW
    The key thing is that you're doing something about it. You're not settling for your initial loss. You're persevering and that's great! Well done you! X

6. judimac

judimac Mad old Bat with Attitude

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Diet:
    WW
    What a lovely positive post! So often we focus on the negative, but if we take stock of what we've actually achieved then the future looks alot brighter. Thankyou for reminding me of that.

7. ilovelife

ilovelife Wishing and hoping!

At least you have losses which is progress and have the faith that this year there will be more losses :)

8. StaceyUK

StaceyUK Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st1.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'm on the scenic route too having taken 2 years to lose 6st, BUT I will be getting to target this year and don't care how long it's taken me as long as I get there!

9. Cougar

Cougar Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2.5lb(12.95%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Stacey- I think 6 stone in 2 years is fab-not a scenic route at all!!

And as previously mentioned, even those who are on the scenic route are still making great progress!! You are heading in the right direction and each pound lost is another step to improving your health! You are sticking with it and that us so important!!

10. Devon Dolce

Devon Dolce 1lb at a time!

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(4.33%)
    Such positivity here ladies - fantastic xxx

11. deadredhead

deadredhead Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st2lb
    Current Weight:
    14st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers
    Good for you Sue!Well done and I hope you drop those 6 pounds soon to get to your next goal!

12. shrinkingannie

shrinkingannie Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st12lb
    Lost(%):
    4st1lb(28.36%)
    Diet:
    healthy eating
    I think for the first time in my life I dont care how long it takes me to lose weight - I want to learn how to live and eat healthily and have weight loss as a side effect, so that it is permanent and I think SW is perfect for that goal.

13. Donnie46

Donnie46 Slow but sure....

Start Weight:
    22st0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(11.36%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - Green Days only.
    Loved your post Sue.

I'm also taking the scenic route, I have 124┬Żlbs to lose and I am a slow loser, so I am enjoying the sights along the scenic route too - but we will make it sooner or later, good luck to for your weight loss in 2010. X

14. Brightonrosie

Brightonrosie I want to be fitter again

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4.94%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Fantastic attitude. I think I should take heed of your advice. have you seen this web site that gives a an excel graph to fill in each week with your target marked on it. i like visual aids x
    Diet Planner - chart your weight loss, free

15. couteaux

couteaux Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st13lb
    Current Weight:
    15st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.14%)
    Diet:
    Dukan!
    Great post and congrats on your fab loss so far! :D

I'm also on the scenic route and have come to the conclusion that it really doesn't matter how long it takes me as long as I get there in the end and enjoy the journey along the way. I will get there this year, but that is the only target I am setting myself.

I've been faffing around for the last 5 months and just lost 9lbs over that time, and then re gained it all Oooops! But, I know I can do it this time, I enjoy the plan and am not completely giving up after little blips - which I have always done in the past.

I probably could have got to goal by now, but I have still had the odd break, had some lovely times out. I know target will happen, just not as fast as it does for some.

Stick at it and lets have a fab SW year :D

16. mod-karen79

mod-karen79 rainbows holiday buddy :)

3 stone 5.5 is an AMAZING loss... and you've ENJOYED yourself along the way ;)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.