sceptical about sw

Hi all , posted a few times on here , as ive said im new to sw after being ww for years , am loving the food on this plan but cant beleive this is going to work , after starvivng myself on ww for years cant beleieve i can eat all this fab food and looses weight , please tell me this does work thanks .. oh 1 more ? can you have really have 15 syns a day thanks for any replies :confused:

Hi :)

Have a look at the photos in the inspirational photos forum if you need evidence that this works. Look at peoples tickers. It does seem ludicrous, and you are neither the first person or the last to be overwhelmed by how generous the plan is and how easy it makes it seem to lose weight.

Yes, 15 syns is the maximum you can have. They are the most flexible aspect of the plan, so you should make sure and have them so that if you need to later if your losses slow, you can reduce them a little in order to give your body a shake up.

Good luck!!

its a fab plan i have lost 3 stone 3.5 lbs i started at the end of september you really can have all this food and 15 syns a day :D

If someone donated 31 to charity everytime someone queried how much they can loose with Slimming World when there is a how raft of free foods that can be eaten without weighing/measuring - there'd be one very rich charity out there. :)

I worried too about the same thing when I started this journey - and I think everyone does - it goes against what we're told (for the most part) we have to do to loose weight on a conventional "diet". Even now - especially when I do red days - I'm surprised how much I can get on a plate, and still loose weight.

Hi thanks for the advice , been on the photos and all i can say is WOW !!!! madamelaminx u look fab , am gonna give it 100% just find it hard to let go of the old ww mind set thanks again xxx

Hi, I started slimming world last week after being on weight watchers and like you I couldn't get my head around eating so much and losing weight...well i'm pleased to say I had my first weigh in on wednesday and lost 5.5lbs :D i'm so happy! good luck on your weightloss journey :)

Hi thanks for the advice , been on the photos and all i can say is WOW !!!! madamelaminx u look fab , am gonna give it 100% just find it hard to let go of the old ww mind set thanks again xxx

I was like you at the beginning. I had done WW for a few years and done well, but always put the weight back on when I wasn't on the diet and it is a diet as you are always counting and weighing.

I joined SW in mid November and have just got my stone sticky. At first I done the extra easy and the losses were very slow, but I have NEVER gained. That is amazing for me, as at WW I would have a couple of good weeks and then gain, take a couple of weeks to get that off and then repeat some more!!! I have now changed and I'm doing red/original and I am really pleased how the weight is coming off. I have lost more in the last 4 weeks doing red days that I had in 3 months doing the extra easy!!!

The most important thing you have to remember is to stop eating WHEN YOU FEEL FULL. Do not keep eating for the sake of it, just so you have an empty plate. If you are hungry later, you can always have more. Make sure you have your healthy extras and all of you syns. I have a stash of flakes in my car (7 syns form multipack) and I have one when ever I feel like a chocolate fix.

Good luck and trust it, it really does work x

I say just trust it, you will be amazed!
I really do think it's a change of lifestyle and not a diet. It is great once you get in your head what you SHOULD and SHOULDN'T eat (understand not CAN or CAN'T) to keep fit and healthy.
I've learnt that you can have anything in MODERATION. The only limit is the syns, but they're only a guideline as you can have flexible days. This simply helps for you to still have a life!
I've now lost 3stone 4.5lbs in 20 weeks, however the last 3 weeks I've been away a lot and having lots of fun! But it's been great to understand what I should be eating/drinking as I went straight back onto plan when I could, I never put any weight on - the only time I did was Christmas week and that was only 1lb.
If your heart is really in it and you are focused, then you WILL lose weight and be a lot happier, I am!!!
I've done this for ME and am very passionate about eating sensibly.
Society is encouraging us to eat unhealthily and far too much processed foods (bogof's) to make life easier, when in fact its not!
The AMOUNT of food you're allowed to eat on SW are staple requirements for living- carbohydrates (potatoes, rice, pasta); fruit & veg & protein (meat, eggs)
You look at your food diary and you'll see you've simply cut down on processed food, sugar and fat - all bad for you in large quantities!!

I just really trust SW!! I hope you will too!!

Hi, I was a WWer for years on and off so I was feeling the same as you - this can't possibly work BUT i was wrong! Once I completely forgot about points and weighing sw is great...

Have been on plan 4 weeks now and lost 11lb...I usually have around 6-10 syns a day and I've not felt hungry at all

Like others have said Just give it a try! I can quite honestly say I will never go back to ww ever again now :D

I kept having my husband tell me in my first week how I'd never loose any weight eating so much.
I lost 7lb that week.
The main thing is you must stick to the plan.
You just need to have faith in it. :)

Hey hun it really does work. I like you was really sceptical about all of this free food & tested it to the full in the beginning so noone was more surprised than me when it worked. I can honestly say in the 7 months I have been on SW I have never been hungry :)

Good Luck

SW works, as long as you stick to the plan carefully and eat until you're satisfied, not bursting! Regarding syns I would try to have 10-15 a day then if your weight loss reaches a plateau you can reduce them.

I'm not saying other diets/plans don't work, but SW is the only plan I've been able to stick to. SW is not a 'quick fix' or something you do until target - it's a healthy eating plan for life.

Yep it definitely works, as I lost over 1stone in 6 weeks so far.

I don't take 15 syns per day, I take it as 105 over the week as I like drinky-poos and a bit of flexibility at the weekend!!! :D

Going on SW is the best thing I have ever done because it's taught me so much about what I eat and as a result I am much more aware of what I am putting into my body.

I have a stash of flakes in my car (7 syns form multipack) and I have one when ever I feel like a chocolate fix.

x

Ooh, didnt realise there was a slightly smaller version of flakes available in a multipack for less syns. I've been eating the regular ones at 8.5, I know its not much difference, but it gives me a little more spare syns to play with.

I dont mind it being a bit smaller, as long as I get to eat the whole thing - a whole flake seems so indulgent for such a small amount of syns!

I think everyone that started SW thought at first "How on earth am I going to lose weight when I can eat all this!".

It really isn't a diet it is a healthy eating plan. I never feel restricted and if I want something I can have it, just not in massive portions!

I've lost 1st 1.5lb in 6 weeks. I've never managed to lose that much on other diets because I ended up feeling deprived and then binged!

So have faith in SW and you can achieve your goals!

If someone donated 31 to charity everytime someone queried how much they can loose with Slimming World when there is a how raft of free foods that can be eaten without weighing/measuring - there'd be one very rich charity out there. :)

I worried too about the same thing when I started this journey - and I think everyone does - it goes against what we're told (for the most part) we have to do to loose weight on a conventional "diet". Even now - especially when I do red days - I'm surprised how much I can get on a plate, and still loose weight.
I have just looked at your blog
What a fantastic achievement well done

Thanks Jayne - found it useful to keep a record as I went along. Suppose it's really time to do another one soon.

Back