Scotch Egg ( Joe Style )

Lol that's pin and egg!!! Damn iPad!

mr_boony said:
I love these!!!

TIP!!!

Rolling the sausage meat round the egg is a nightmare!

Dip your hands in the egg to prevent sticking

OR

Lay out some cling film, put lump of sausage meat on, cover in another layer of cling film, roll into a pancake with rolling pub, put the Elgin the middle, dip fingers in the egg and pull the sides round PERFECT EVERYTIME!

Yummy

Hands in a bowl of cold water in-between works well :)

scotch egg.jpg

Here is a picture of my scotch eggs in actifry. Done the same way as the original post. Sausagement wrapped around boiled egg, then dipped in beaten egg and breadcrumbs.

Hi, In my SW club this Saturday we have a scan bran recipe challenge (1st prize, 12 week count down) and i have decided to make scotch eggs. I dont have time or money to order from joe's because i've been on their website and you have to order loads. What i was wondering was, has anyone made the scotch eggs with the tesco's or morrisons low syn sausages and if so what were they like?

Bernie x

Bernie74 said:
Hi, In my SW club this Saturday we have a scan bran recipe challenge (1st prize, 12 week count down) and i have decided to make scotch eggs. I dont have time or money to order from joe's because i've been on their website and you have to order loads. What i was wondering was, has anyone made the scotch eggs with the tesco's or morrisons low syn sausages and if so what were they like?

Bernie x

Sausage meat is sausage meat! I used to make them with m&s ones before joes came out. You can use any sausage :)

hiya,

I'm going to make them with the tesco's low syns sausages. I was just wondering which tasted better. I'm going to have to try the joes because everyone i have spoke to say they are nice.

Bernie x

Bernie74 said:
hiya,

I'm going to make them with the tesco's low syns sausages. I was just wondering which tasted better. I'm going to have to try the joes because everyone i have spoke to say they are nice.

Bernie x

I'm not a massive sausage fan but I do love joes especially the garlic and chilli :) if you go to group it's worth seeing if you can get a group order together so you don't need to order as much :))

Made the scotch eggs and they were lovely, In fact the family have eaten them all. I've been ordered to make some more. lol

Bernie x

The recipe is still the same so their still technically free but slimming world has stopped saying which butchers meat is free now for some reason. It explains it on joes website x

thankyou i love scotch eggs i will be mkeing these later

Back