Annie68

Silver Member
Scotch Eggs

½ syn each

8 boiled eggs
8 syn free sausages
4 scan bran crushed – 2 sins

Method

Skin the sausages and mash each one individually into a ball, flatten down in your hand then wrap around an egg.

Roll onto scan bran till covered, place on a baking tray for 30 mins, gas mark 5.
Variations

On green days use potatoes instead of meat, to help bind the potato add a bit of grated cheese, but remember to sin accordingly.

Tip

Hide them from your husband and kids as they are Yummy.

and heres my version too :)

This is my first ever attempt at making something in the kitchen so please dont shout at me if ya dont like it lol.

Mech’s Scotch Eggs (Ideal for green days)
Ingredients
5 Eggs
Sun Grown-Mediterranean Style Couscous (tesco’s) ½ syn per pack
4 Quorn Sausages (any)
Fry Light
Preparation
Fry the quorn sausage using fry light, let them cool then mash them up into sausage meat (i use a blender for this)
Take 4 eggs and boil for 5 mins or till hard boiled
prepare the couscous (simply add hot water)

Now add the quorn sausage meat and couscous using a fork and mash together, add an egg and whisk in with the fork, again mash these together for a nice consistency.
Frylight a baking tray. Carefully cut the 4 eggs into halves and then cover each piece with the mixture, no need to go daft here just a nice layer to cover all the egg. Place on the baking tray, bung em in the oven at around 180/200 and cook until golden brown, turning once while browning.

i have just rejoined sw, and looking back throu my old recipes came across this 1 for scotch eggs. i never made it, but it was a firm fav. with my old class!
preheat oven to 190c
1 clove garlic, crushed 1 onion, grated
1tbsp coriander 1lb fat free mince
1tsp garam masala 1 tbsp ground cumin
6 whole hard boiled eggs 2 tbsp tomato puree
1 beaten egg 1-2 tbsp flour

fry onion and garlic in fry lite til soft. mix in the mince, spices, puree and a pinch of salt. combine well. dust the hard boiled eggs in the flour and carefully cover in the mince mixture. (at this point you can then cover them with breadcrumbs using HE2) CHILL IN FRIDGE FOR 20MINS. then brush with the beaten egg, wrap in greaseproof paper and cook for 25mins.
these used to work out at 2 syns per egg, but not sure now.

Excellent, will have a go with them aswel thanks rosie,
one question thou, where do or what isle do i find this garam masala? is it in a jar the same as the other herb stuff!

soz took so long to reply!!!!!
the garam masala can be found in the spicey aisle!
if you do cook them let me know if they really nice and i might do them! i have 100's of recipes from when i did sw years ago so if you want anything in particular, if i got it it's yours!!!!!!!!

i used to always make these, but i just done a boiled egg and then rolled out a couple of morrisons pork sausages, (the free ones), wrapped this round the egg, and then made breadcrumbs with nimble bread and rolled the sausage meat over this, then put into the oven.

and heres my version too :)

This is my first ever attempt at making something in the kitchen so please dont shout at me if ya dont like it lol.

Mech’s Scotch Eggs (Ideal for green days)
Ingredients
5 Eggs
Sun Grown-Mediterranean Style Couscous (tesco’s) ½ syn per pack
4 Quorn Sausages (any)
Fry Light
Preparation
Fry the quorn sausage using fry light, let them cool then mash them up into sausage meat (i use a blender for this)
Take 4 eggs and boil for 5 mins or till hard boiled
prepare the couscous (simply add hot water)

Now add the quorn sausage meat and couscous using a fork and mash together, add an egg and whisk in with the fork, again mash these together for a nice consistency.
Frylight a baking tray. Carefully cut the 4 eggs into halves and then cover each piece with the mixture, no need to go daft here just a nice layer to cover all the egg. Place on the baking tray, bung em in the oven at around 180/200 and cook until golden brown, turning once while browning.

Wow! I'm definitely trying these! Thnks for the recipe! :D

Scotch Eggs

½ syn each

8 boiled eggs
8 syn free sausages
4 scan bran crushed – 2 sins

Method

Skin the sausages and mash each one individually into a ball, flatten down in your hand then wrap around an egg.

Roll onto scan bran till covered, place on a baking tray for 30 mins, gas mark 5.
Variations

On green days use potatoes instead of meat, to help bind the potato add a bit of grated cheese, but remember to sin accordingly.

Tip

Hide them from your husband and kids as they are Yummy.

My bf loves these ive got some in the oven now for his lunch box thats if they last that long once he has found them :) x

Back