screwed up refeed!!!!

beccamckecca

Ok im guna fess up, i ruined my refeed week, i was doing so well. started refeed at 9st 2 with 5lbs left to lose. started back work after 11months off and didnt give in to peoples goodies and stuff then on day 4 i took biscuits and cakes in for my bday (work tradition) i was soo good and went the whole day without having any until just before i left i thought a little try wont hurt and ended up eating 2, then got home and had a huge binge on chocolate, woke up the next day feeling awful and determined to get back on track, come that night what did i do? binged again. this happened for 3 nights and im soo mad at myself! its weigh day today and guess what??? ive gained 9lbs so im now 9st 11!!!! no surprise there, im due my period too so its not all due to my binge but i cant beleive ive done it. ive decided today to go back onto tfr, instead of coming off at 9st 2 im going to wait until target this time 8st 11, so 1stone to lose (i was unsure when to come off when i did) and when i do come off this time i need to control my urges!! just shows the greedy little monster is always lurking!!!!
im so mad at myself, after 7weeks hard slog i go ruin it at the first chance!:mad:

Hi Becca,
Stop beating yourself across the head with a big stick. You showed you have the will power to do fantastic things, 25lb in 7 weeks, that is fantastic. You had a slip that's all it is and by the sounds of it you want control back. You now know that's possible. I can't wait to get that level of loss in my diet. Well done for your journey so far.
Doirin

Hey hun we are all human and it isn't until you are faced with it and no real reason to say no, that we know if we have mentally accepted our future with foo. In the refeed manual I received last time it made a good point although we look and feel thin, we are always mentally fat, which means just because we are thin doesn't mean we will be one of those fortunate people who can eat and stay thin, the manual also said if we really want something or crave something to have it as we will spend our time eating other things to distract ourselves and then eat what we crave anyway, so have something and then adopt the LT discipline for the next couple of weeks and up your exercise a bit to compensate. I knew a lady who lost 10stone and she said she has a large bar of chocolate every 5-6 weeks, she locks herself in her room and has it while watching a film and the whole family knows not to interupt her as it is her time, and then for the next few days she lowers her calories and ups her excercise to compensate, we can control, it is our choice, I wish you sucess xxx

Hi Becca,
Stop beating yourself across the head with a big stick. You showed you have the will power to do fantastic things, 25lb in 7 weeks, that is fantastic. You had a slip that's all it is and by the sounds of it you want control back. You now know that's possible. I can't wait to get that level of loss in my diet. Well done for your journey so far.
Doirin
Thanks Doirin,
thats just it i do have fairly strong willpower god knows what came over me!! well im going to correct my mistake and not find myself in that position again! Good luck with your lipotrim journey, im sure it wont be long before your fantastic losses start coming xx

Hey hun we are all human and it isn't until you are faced with it and no real reason to say no, that we know if we have mentally accepted our future with foo. In the refeed manual I received last time it made a good point although we look and feel thin, we are always mentally fat, which means just because we are thin doesn't mean we will be one of those fortunate people who can eat and stay thin, the manual also said if we really want something or crave something to have it as we will spend our time eating other things to distract ourselves and then eat what we crave anyway, so have something and then adopt the LT discipline for the next couple of weeks and up your exercise a bit to compensate. I knew a lady who lost 10stone and she said she has a large bar of chocolate every 5-6 weeks, she locks herself in her room and has it while watching a film and the whole family knows not to interupt her as it is her time, and then for the next few days she lowers her calories and ups her excercise to compensate, we can control, it is our choice, I wish you sucess xxx
Thanks, i no its 'everything in moderation' i quote it to everyone else all the time, i think once i tasted the chocolate biscuits and then got cakes and chocolate for my bday and with my period i just got taken over by the 'fat' me again!! you know what the worst thing is now on my first day back, its the salad im missing not the chocolate!! lol xx

After I overeat some nights, I weigh heavier for the next couple of mornings, but it soon shifts, probably in reality the gain is not as high as 9lbs because of TOTM and also the recent binge, but it does show how easy the gains can accumulate if not following the refeed properly and the glycogen stores will refill too quickly.

Dont beat yourself up though Becca, just learn by your mistakes for next time. Good luck.

Dont beat yourself up whats done is done and gaining is punishment enough. You will lose that 9lb in no time hun and at least with this slip up you will realise next time you get an urge gaining 9lb is just not worth it.
You know you can do this and can do the refeed well. Lets hope majority of the weight comes off in the first week.
Good luck hun :D

Best of luck, Becca. Hey, we are all human and we are all bound to have some slip-ups when we are back in the world of real food. LT was amazingly easy for me after week 2, the REAL challange I have is now eating low fat, low carb smaller portions to KEEP all this weight off, so I will certainly still be using this site for encouragement from the guys who are maintaining successfully, I will never stop being a fat person inside, but I'm gonna fight her every day!!!

Aw hun, im on day 3 of refeed and feel like ive put on a stone :( So want to come back to TFR but I have a holiday coming up, good luck with restarting :) x

well done on ur progress so far, its fab! dont worry urself too much, ur bak on track, everybody, fat or thin binges or over eats especially us girls wen its the totm! as long as we all make sure its every now and again and not all the time, good luck wiv next wk wi xxx

Ach we all have slip ups and now ye know what can happen to us all. You will stay thin because you are determined to learn from it, which deserves admiration. Best of luck this week getting back to ketosis.

Thanks all, this website is so fab, dont know how i would have got here without all the wonderful support of everyone on here. just to let you know, im on day 3 again now and doing fab, stepped on scales today ( i know i shouldnt) and have already lost 5lbs of what i had put on so seeing that is fab and has really spurred me on!!! xx

Hey chick!

Dont beat yourself up too much over this - you know your mistakes so take time out and learn from them - you can only get better :)

It will take a very long time to be able to defeat the demons we all had inside us telling us to binge, pick and eat everything in site and for them to go away wont dissappear overnight - they may not ever fully go away but one thing you should take from doing tfr is that you can controll yourself, you are strong and you do have willpower - so everytime you want that binge - just think no - i dont need it, ive done tfr if i can do that i can certainly do without that binge.

Treats are good babe, but in moderation :)

p.s welcome back to tfr :hug99:

Just wanted to applaud you for you honesty and wish you luck Bekka . If you fancy some reading material ref our 'fat demons'; I can't recommend Thin for Life by Jason Vale highly enough, (JanD recommended it to me!) (get it cheap on Amazon) it is such a good book and really helped me realize that I was not alone! I would offer to lend it to you but it really is my 'bible' now x

Thanks everyone, I know now its basically guna be a small battle for the forseeable future as to fighting the fatty inside. i jumped on the scales this morning ( i know, im a seriel weigher) and im so please that on day 4 of tfr ive lost 7 1/2lbs of the 9lbs i put on during my pants refeed week so im very relieved, i think il probably stay on tfr for another week or 2 (hopefully il be at target by then) i couldnt wait to refeed last time but i know il be so much more anxious this time, at least i know how easy it is to slip back into old bad habits now!!!

rach, think il have a look at that book, hopefully itl help with my willpower!! xx

Back