SCUBA DIVING ??

moon1976

BaByGiRl
HEY there
anyone else into scuba diving

i recently joined back and doing 15hrs a week training in the pool and 2 hrs in the open sea at weekends -- so cool

hopefully it will pull some weight off me

I looove to scuba dive! Haven't been in awhile but I'm looking to get back into it soon!

congrats!!
how many dives have you done so far?
what's the furthest you've been down?

hiya :)
Im a diver too - am going to blow some bubbles in Malta next month and Egypt again in October. I have found its the only thing that really really relaxes me!!
Currently PADI AOW (with boat & nitrox) and learning more and more! :)

im a scuba diver too. I dive in spain. The last dive i did we found a car 25metres below and spotted a mola mola fish. Have run out of funds at present but must admit its so relaxing once get going :)

I'm a Diver too :) Haven't dived in a while (almost 3 years!) I had to quit when I got pregnant (obviously) although he did about 10 dives before I found out, ven one down to 46m eeeek! (he's fine though - and very much of a water baby!) I got PG aagin very quickly with my daughter so still never got back in. Hoping to get wet this year (maybe my wetsuit will fit again lol!).... I'm a PADI diver, and I'm a DM :D xxx

Moon1976 - glad you're still diving. How many dives have you done now ?

moo moo - I seem to remember the water being quite a bit warmer in Sep than it is in July ? What was the temp at Stoney ? I've never been there but have done some of the other quarries around which are probably equally cold !

Haven't dived for a while because I 'outgrew' my dry suit. Thinking about getting back into it though as I can now get into my dry suit again (although not sure how much warm clothing I could get under it yet !!).

ive done 6 dives and so happy with it -- i have my balance right and can clear ears -- finally relaxing into it :D:D:D

Well done Moon 1976. You're just at the beginning of your diving journey. It's addictive once you get into it. Are you diving in the UK or abroad ? (or both).

moo moo - I seem to remember the water being quite a bit warmer in Sep than it is in July ? What was the temp at Stoney ? I've never been there but have done some of the other quarries around which are probably equally cold !

Haven't dived for a while because I 'outgrew' my dry suit. Thinking about getting back into it though as I can now get into my dry suit again (although not sure how much warm clothing I could get under it yet !!).

Im not brave enough to get a dry suit! Going to wait till Im skinnier....
Stoney was 6 degrees on the Stanegarth and about 12 at surface. Braved it in a 5mm. You think a dry suit is worth the expense?

Oh my god. You went into 6 degrees in a wet suit. You are a braver person than I am !!!

I hate my dry suit (!!!) - it's actually quite restrictive (although I haven't worn a 5mm suit for a long time so I don't remember how restrictive it is). I also hate going up in a dry suit because of the air expansion etc etc. However, I don't think I'd dive in single figure temperatures (or low double figures !) without it.

If you are doing well with the weight loss (and are hardy enough to go into UK water in a wet suit !) I'd probably hang off until you are losing a bit more slowly. Because they are expensive and you don't want it to be too big or too small (although you can either add a few extra layers under it or have a few less to compensate to an extent). It's not too much more to have one made to measure (for some of the cheaper brands) which helps (because I am short and fat with small feet so would be unlikely to get one off the peg !). Are you female or male ? (I ask because some of the brands seem to have a slightly better cut for a female than others).

At the end of the day, if you're going to continue diving in UK waters, I think a dry suit is worth the expense but I agree to wait for a bit if you're still losing weight.

Good luck and happy diving. Happy to give more advice if you want !

Well done Moon 1976. You're just at the beginning of your diving journey. It's addictive once you get into it. Are you diving in the UK or abroad ? (or both).

i dive in dublin waters - just off howth - season over for the winter :cry::cry:but will be back snorkelling in jan 2011:D:D

Oh my god. You went into 6 degrees in a wet suit. You are a braver person than I am !!!

I hate my dry suit (!!!) - it's actually quite restrictive (although I haven't worn a 5mm suit for a long time so I don't remember how restrictive it is). I also hate going up in a dry suit because of the air expansion etc etc. However, I don't think I'd dive in single figure temperatures (or low double figures !) without it.

If you are doing well with the weight loss (and are hardy enough to go into UK water in a wet suit !) I'd probably hang off until you are losing a bit more slowly. Because they are expensive and you don't want it to be too big or too small (although you can either add a few extra layers under it or have a few less to compensate to an extent). It's not too much more to have one made to measure (for some of the cheaper brands) which helps (because I am short and fat with small feet so would be unlikely to get one off the peg !). Are you female or male ? (I ask because some of the brands seem to have a slightly better cut for a female than others).

At the end of the day, if you're going to continue diving in UK waters, I think a dry suit is worth the expense but I agree to wait for a bit if you're still losing weight.

Good luck and happy diving. Happy to give more advice if you want !

im holding off on the dry suit for another season - gotta wait till i get into club diver - 2 star - before i get a dry suit -
as for the wet suit hopefully ill get another season out of it as it is neprene 5mm but i have a shorty to go on top but dont wear that at the moment as im still too big and its too restrictive

Good news ! The dry suit now fits - Yippppeeee. And I could get some layers on under it too. Happy days.

Although by the time I want to go diving in the UK it might not fit (but hopefully for the right reasons !)

Good luck with your losses and hope the 'dry' season passes quickly !

G

Good news ! The dry suit now fits - Yippppeeee. And I could get some layers on under it too. Happy days.

Although by the time I want to go diving in the UK it might not fit (but hopefully for the right reasons !)

Good luck with your losses and hope the 'dry' season passes quickly !

G

well done on the suit fitting -- hows the weight losses going -- have you tried on your suit since this message ??

Back