• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

seatbelt question

OK - here goes.
I am going on holiday in 2 weeks, long haul to Cuba with First Choice.:D
I am worrying that i will not fit into the seat or seatbelt.:cry: i am approx 1st heavier than holidays last year and the belt only just fitted then.I would die of embrassment if i had to ask for the extender, as my slim friend that we are travelling with is only a size 8, and tells me not to worry when i tell her my fears.
I am 5'9'' and about a 22/24.
Has anybody travelled recently that is a similar size to me??
Thanks, This will be the last year that i am letting my weight spoil the build up to my holiday.

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
Seat sizes depend on the aircraft and the airline. With First Choice they usually use the Airbus, they use other aircraft as well but I would think that long haul it will be the Airbus. The Airbus has one of the most generous seat sizes.

At your size you should be o.k. I am shorter than you and until this year was the same dress size as you. I have never needed a seat extension but if you do it is nothing to be ashamed off though I know exactly how you feel and really sympathise with you.

Enjoy your holiday lucky lady !!

missgalaxy

Yummy Mummy! xx
Im not sure with regards to the seat belt but just wanted to say have a FANTASTIC holiday.

We went to Cuba 3 years ago as my sister got married there, we went to varedero and it was AMAZING! I didnt want to come home!

Where abouts are you going? x

I used to have to ask for a seatbelt extension (don't any more!) and there was never any fuss.

It will only be embarrassing if you make it so - the airline staff have seen people much bigger than you or me and they are too busy to care anyway.

*EB*

Gold Member
I travelled to Mexico a size 22 (i am 5 foot 8) and the planes and seats are bigger than short/mid haul ones.....i just fitted in a normal seatbelt....it was round the far side of it, but it did up.

Good luck xxx

cmcewn

Silver Member
If you are really worried you can buy an extender belt from ebay quite cheaply that way you dont have to ask for one on the plane. Have a great holiday hun. ;)

Thanks for those encouraging words, we have upgraded to premium economy, so hopefully we will have a little more room there aswell- not that it will stop me from worrying..
We are flying into Holguin and staying in Guadalavaca ( ???) the beaches look fantastic.

missgalaxy

Yummy Mummy! xx
Guardalavacka is gorgeous, you will have any amazing time!!!!!

make sure you take plenty of Mosquito spray!! I got bit really bad and had to have them drained when I got home - not a plesent experience!!!!

xx

missgalaxy

Yummy Mummy! xx
Make sure you do. My sister was recommended to take some vitamin C tablets before and during her holiday and she didnt get bit once!!!

Seriously though, have an amazing time, Im so jelous I would LOVE to go back there!!! xxx

*EB*

Gold Member
ive heard having marmite keeps the mozzies away - so if you LOVE it, have some on toast for the couple of days before you go.....odourless garlic are good too! xxx

Just wanted to say I'm 6ft2 and a size 22 and I was fine hun on a plane hun I even had spare inches on the belt. xx

Have a fab holiday x

Thanks hun, hoping for my 5 stone award this week :) x