Step 1 Sole Source Second time round!

lesmislover

Well it's my second attempt at Cambridge, lost 3 and a half stone in 12 weeks in 2008 but failed to work my way up the plans and within 18 months put the weight back on. Determined to see it through to the end this time but week one has been a MASSIVE struggle. I dont think you can explain how much it takes over your mind to anyone else! I know by week 3/4 I will be on a weightloss high and in a much better place but at the moment i'm just wishing the days away until I get there! First Friday night without a glass of wine is also RUBBISH! :( First weigh day tomorrow though so hopefully the scales will put a smile on my face! :)

I still hate weekends now without a glass of wine lol. Hope wi goes well :D

Well I did my first weigh day yesterday, I've gone from 15st 1 to 14st 7 in a week. I should be on cloud 9 but i'm not. I'm not hungry at all anymore but I'm struggling more than I can say with the mental side of things. Its crazy how much I rely on food and drink to make myself feel better. It's taking every ounce of energy I have not to eat something. I just feel like food and drink is consuming every thought I have today, it's ten past 5 and I want to go to bed to get freedom from this! How does everyone else deal with this? Do you get this low?

Keep it up, you can do this!
I just started the diet and I notice that I'm missing food when I get bored. Whenever I'm thinking about food(which is definately more regular then before I was dieting) I'm trying to picture myself as how I'd like to be. Think about my goals. Watch videos from people on youtube doing the diet. Read dairies on the forum. Brush my teeth. Also earlier today I made a list with reasons why I want this diet to succeed.
It's all mindpower. Be strong! You can do this!

Thank you so much for that Simbelyner - just spent an hour on YouTube watching videos and feeling a 1000% better! It's so easy to get consumed in what you want for one moment in time that you forget what your real goal is. I know what I want, and your right, I just need to keep reminding myself of it. This forum is such a great place, it's so hard to find anyone that understands how hard Cambridge and I really appreciate the support that I have just by reading threads and getting the odd reply. Feeling great :-D

Yay! I'm happy that you're feeling better! :)
I've also read a lot of people on the forum writing their motivations on papers and hang them at the fridge, on your mirror, in your bag.. So that whenever you feel like you need to be reminded or when you feel like giving in, you have this list of motivations to hold on to.
It's your hand putting food in, and the hand is controlled by the mind. Be strong! :)

Remember it's for you and you are worth it :) x

Attachments

• image-2422221131.jpg
    image-2422221131.jpg
    221.4 KB · Views: 50
im on day two , on the cambridge for the second time round lost two stone in six weeks last time and came off it due to cost issues :( weight creeped back on. Forgot how hard it can be the only thing thats keeping me going is the thought of the weigh in results.

Back