Second Weigh in...

Hi everyone,

After being so disappointed to STS on my first week, despite being 100%, I stayed on plan this week, had another 100% week and guess what?

I lost 5lbs!!!!!! :eek:

I am so happy I can't believe it. The only thing I've done different this week is I planned my full week's meals in advance which really helped so I will be doing the same today. And I follwed the gold plan which just proves that EE doesn't work for me, as I thought was the case as I have to have the discipline of red and green and I like my extra HEA and HEB!

Thanks to everyone for all your kind words and support over the last week, I am over the moon!!!!

Congratulations!!

I'm doing, EE, Red AND Green this week!!! x

yeay well done!

I'm doing red days, and adding carbs from my healthy extras. I just cant loose weight on green or EE.

Can i ask what the gold plan is?

Well done you! A lesser person could have given up after the first week's STS. But you persevered which just goes to show that hard work does pay off - yay!

Thank you! I am so happy - and so motivated to keep going! Mia Angel, gold plan is alternate red and green days (that's what they used to call it back in the day - showing my age there! ) :)

Well done but don't automatically assume EE doesn't work for you. Sometimes it is just your body being slow to react to the change in your diet. Do what you enjoy the most but don't write off EE, i see so many people do this and think it is such a shame.

Teresa

Well done, that's great! I've gone back to red and green days after trying EE for 6 weeks. It may work for you if you try again but personally I like the discipline of red and green, plus I couldn't get on with the 1/3 superfree foods.

Keep at it though, you're doing great.

Fantastic, I'm so pleased for you, the easy option would have been to give up and say its not working but you stuck to the plan 100% and what an achievement this week!

Good luck with another good week this week xxxxxxxxx

Thanks everyone! Derbynanny I have tried EE before on my last two goes through SW (I've been a member a lot!) and it's never worked, the times I've tried it I've lost loads the first week, and then it's been 1/2lb here and there, lots of STS until I lose faith and give up. My problem is I'm not a massive van of fruit or veg, I try my best to get my 1/3 Superfree but I find it a struggle. TBH I know people who have lost really well on EE (my best friend has lost 3 1/2 stone!) but I just can't seem to get on with it.

I'm going it alone this time, but when I was in class I found it really annoying that the consultant focused on EE (as I know they are told to do!) but nothing was ever mentioned about red or green, despite 95% of the group being on those plans. If anyone had a gain, her response was 'try an EE week'! :)

Congratulations on your super loss you must be delighted.

Thats the beauty of Slimming World that there are different plans which suit different people and it is a case of trying different tactics if you are not losing weight on a particular plan.
Good luck for next week!

Fabulous result!

Funnily enough we had this discussion in class yesterday. Newbies find EE what it says on the tin. Older members who've done red/green find it difficult to swap over. I like EE and find it works better, FOR ME. (I've done red/green in the past)
Our consultant basically said do whatever you find works for you and you feel happy with.
I can remember many years ago losing happily with WW (sorry!) and you had tick boxes, worked perfectly and then they changed it, just couldn't get on with it.
Just having 1HEA and HEB doesn't bother me but I know alot of folk feel the need for 2. As long as we're losing does it matter?

Thats a fantastic loss in one week , well done. I took 2lbs off this week x

They try and focus on EE cos its more balanced (just like WW will be focussing on propoints) but we're going over success express which is an old diet that SW used to promote LOADS and seems to work for a lot of people.

They tend to steer people away from Red and Green because people werent loosing like they should and it was down to them having too many HEA and HEB.

Saying that. Im mixing Red, Green and EE this week to see if it boosts my weight loss x

I generally do EE but occasionally, if I want some extra bread or milk for example then I syn them. I'm another one who hasn't got a sweet tooth so tend to use my syns for wine and sauces or use 6 syns for extra milk or bread if I want them.

Denise

Thats fantastic take the c off hips!! I started two weeks ago, lost 2 and half pounds the first W I and was very pleased. Tried the EE but I also struggle with veggies, fine with fruit but said to my consultant I think red and green may be better for me. It was interesting to hear that a lot of "old S Worlders" find it difficult to change. I also used to go to S W when it was just the two plans. I did try but then came unstuck at lunch time, just dont like salad, and veggies mixed up together yuck for me! Dinner wasnt too bad as I would have meat, potato and then a load of one veg only ie lots of cauliflower, or another veg. I am finding the red days my fave at the moment, and I think this is the way for me but we are all different. It is nice to read though that others also find the red/green route better for them but as you say the EE seems to be talked about more.

I just think after years and years of red and green, a lot of us that did that plan for so long just can't get our heads round EE - I know I definitely can't. And not just that but I don't seem to lose on it. I think you know how your body reacts best and what works for you - and I know when I do EE I feel bloated and I just end up eating bowls and bowls of pasta with chicken etc and kidding myself that the passata in it will be my 1/3 superfree. It just doesn't suit my body or my lifestyle and I find it a lot easier to be discplined on red and green. But I think the newbies who have only been tought EE get some great losses!

Back