Secret Confessions of A 44 yr old (soon to be 45 yr old) Yo Yo Dieter

bluenose1

Got weighed Monday 16th May and weighed 12st 3lb! Really upset as I didn’t think I was this heavy. I wouldn't dream of telling my husband what i weighed, I sneak down to the scales of a morning.
Have been hovering about 11st 7 lb for a while and have just let myself go. I also started my TOM that day so that would account for a couple of pounds.
Although I exercise a few times a week I eat far too much chocolate and biscuits. Like many of you I can’t just eat one biscuit and be satisfied I have to eat loads. Creme eggs and Reece’s Chocolate peanut butter probably account for quite a few pounds.
Did Dukan last year and lost weight so thought time to do it again. Have found since I hit 40 that all my excess weight goes straight on my tummy and that I don’t lose weight just by cutting down half heartedly.

Therefore extreme measures required. Decided to go on Dukan Diet and exercise EVERY day as I need a real kick start to get the weight off. I have also been doing the Jillian Michaels 20 minute shred. (I tend to do it twice (40 minutes) and really feel like I have had a workout.
Below is my daily diary and details of workout. I will update regularly. I have started at Day 67 as we go away in 67 days and I want to think long term instead of losing heart after a couple of weeks if the scales don’t move. Tried my first Zumba class last week and love it so that has inspired me to exercise more.
Have also ordered the Zumba Fitness DVD, so will try that when it arrives.

Day 1 12st 3
Day 4 11 st 12
Day 11 11st 7 lb

Did Attack for 5 days and now on alternate PP and PP-V.
40 mins exercise per day -Jillian Michaels, Zumba , X Trainer or jogging

GOT TO KEEP IT UP

Last edited:
Hello and welcome. You sound as if you know what you're doing, so good luck!

Please post menus in the daily menu thread. Not only can it help us spot a potential error and help you, but you can help us by giving us new ideas!

:)

I forced myself to go a Body Blitz gym session in my lunch hour as I thought it would be a good idea to get it out of the way. Hard work but glad I did it.

Day 1 12st 3
Day 4 11 st 12
Day 11 11st 7 lb

Day 12 11 st 6

Have been doing my 30 day shred at least every other day and also 30 minutes exercise alternate days, no less on the scales but I feel more toned up.

Day 1 12st 3
Day 4 11 st 12
Day 11 11st 7 lb
Day 12 11 st 6
Day 14 11st 6

Excellent on the old exercise front!
What are you eating?

Excellent on the old exercise front!
What are you eating?

Inspired looking at your photos. You don't look like the same person

Today (PP)
2 boiled eggs for breakfast
Chicken for lunch
Chicken curry for tea using onion and curry powder
2 muller light yoghurts
2 bottles of coke zero
Loads of water
2 tblespoons oat bran with soya milk

Yesterday did Level 2 followed by Level 1 of 30 Day Shred
Today Level 2 of 30 day Shred and 40 minutes Xumba DVD

Spectacularly off the DD for 4 days. It all started with my birthday/ short break away and ended with a massive carb binge.
Oh well, dusted myself down and am back on track.

Have been exercising loads so feel better in myself.
Thurs 9th June Thai Bo
Friday 10th June Nothing
Sat 11th June -30 day shred Level 2, 20 mins Zumba
Sun 12th June 30 day shred Level 2 - twice
Mon 13th June - 50 mins Zumba class. 3 mile walk ( half of it jogging)
Tues 14th June 20mins 30 day shred Level 3/30 mins Zumba. 3 mile walk ( half of it jogging)

Rather than getting back "on track" (which I presume means attack + cruise again), at your weight with your exercise levels, I'd recommend restarting at phase 3... have a read. It'd be far lower calorie and higher protein than a normal diet, but wouldn't cut out the food groups permanently when you're already at a normal BMI.

Your choice though ;)

Rather than getting back "on track" (which I presume means attack + cruise again), at your weight with your exercise levels, I'd recommend restarting at phase 3... have a read. It'd be far lower calorie and higher protein than a normal diet, but wouldn't cut out the food groups permanently when you're already at a normal BMI.

Your choice though ;)

Thanks, for the tips. I am currently eating mostly protein everyday with fresh vegetables, two muller lights and my portion of oatbran, so every day is a cruise day I suppose. would like to lose a stone inweight so don't think I am ready for consolidation yet

Wednesday - 30 cardio,20 minutes weight and 50 minutes LBT class
Thursday - 50 minutes Thai Bo

Back