Secret Diary of a Fat Infertile

Trinity2500

So I restarted SW on 18th March, and I was oh so determined, and it really did show in my first two weigh losses. I managed to get 5lbs on in those first two weeks, and I was extremely pleased with myself.

Unfortunately, my Gramma took a turn for the worst health wise, which forced a trip back to Canada, where I got to spend a few days with her before she passed away.

Despite the grief and stress, I only put 1.5lbs on, and managed to get that off by the following week, only to be faced with my birthday celebrations, which seem to drag on forever (not that I am complaining!) and resulted in my skipping the weigh in that fell on the actual day of my birthday. So returning to group yesterday, I discovered that I had basically put on EVERYTHING I had already lost.

Shoot.

I am 38, and have fertility issues, so need to lose at least 2 stone for IVF, but ideally I want to drop 4 stone. I have issues with my knees, feet, ankles, and digestive system, and I am sure that it is all related to years of food abuse, and I am SICK of it.

It is time to make a change.

Oh hun! You can do it.

You know you have good losses when you stuck to plan you've just been derailed a bit by unforeseen circumstances.

Get back on track and the lbs will start falling off xx

Thank you! Looking at your goals, mine are pretty similar. I want to get to 10 stone by the end of this year, but I am currently a couple stone heavier than you, so I have some work to do! You've done brilliantly! I am inspired!

Thank you.

And trust me I've fallen off the wagon myself - quite spectacularly! Lol. Guess we all do it at some point.

Good luck on your journey and shout if you have any questions! X

I am a serial weigher, especially when I am slimming. It is the only thing that keeps me going sometimes, and keeps me on track a little better than just sticking to plan.

Got on the scales this morning and I have managed to drop 2.5lbs since WI on Monday. I know that isn't necessarily anything to go by for WI next week, because I seem to always have a mid-week weight dip (maybe I should weigh in on Wednesdays instead!), but at least I know that I am going in the right direction.

If I can maintain that loss for next Monday, I will be over the moon! If I can approve on it, better still!

I must try and stay off of here today though... I need to get some coursework done. I seriously struggle with discipline in all areas of my life...

I'm a serial weigher too, i vowed i wouldn't weigh today...but i did. Good luck, you can lose that weight :)

Haha, i keep trying to break the habit but doesn't work, oh well, worse things to be addicted to that weighing i suppose.

Exactly my thought! Just got back from the gym, which is a 30 minute round trip walk, and I did a 45 minute swim whilst I was there. Got back and had a lovely soup for lunch, and now I have to get on with some coursework!

Back