Secret eating/self sabotage

myrtlemoo

Hi all xx

Well, here we are back at Monday - I'm in work, had porridge, downing the water and will soon have either soup or a shake for lunch. I've been doing 810 (or SS+) and have lost 20 lbs so far :)... so what's the problem, I hear you ask!

Well, I obviously have an issue with food as it seems that when I get time completely alone (doesn't happen very often) all I want to do is eat :( and eat all the wrong things - I sneak carbs, even though I know and am telling myself I shouldn't be doing it, I seem to lose all self control and eat it anyway!

I really want to lose weight - hate how I feel and look - and yet I keep doing this to myself. :sigh:

Hiya for the last 2 weeks Iǘe done the same thing, I dont know why we do it exactly but with me itś some emotion I don't like and I need to eat or else I get all restless and angry. Also this diet is very hard and after a few weeks It gets borning and thats another reason.Somehow we just need to refocus....somehow

Hi Myrtle,

The only way I could get through without sneaking any pesky little snacks is to completely rid the house of them. There are no sweets or crisps in my house, the only carbs have to be cooked to be eaten! And I find that I can't be bothered to cook them by the time I have thought about it.

I was like that in the beginning - the urge never quite defeated me, but I found myself craving custard creams and going to reach for them before snapping out of my biscuit haze!

One of the best ways I found to defeat it is to stop and count to three every time I thought about reaching for something. On the first count ask "why am I doing this?", second "what will the consequences be if I eat this?" and third "do I want those consequences?"

Another good tip is to write a list of small tasks (hoovering, dusting, going for a walk, phoning a friend etc.) on pieces of paper, folding them up and putting them in a jar. Then when you feel like reaching for the biscuit jar, reach for your jobs jar instead and do that wee thing instead of eating. Generally if you're alone and want to eat it's probably due to boredom, so if you do something you might find your hunger suddenly evaporates!

Good luck chick. :)

I know exactly where you're coming from. So far I haven't cheated on this diet, but it's only been 8 days. I'm a serial sabotager. My weight has prevented me from doing so many things, yet I've continuously made myself bigger. Why? Maybe to hide the fact the weight isn't the problem, and that my shyness etc stem from me, and not my size. I hate being fat but so long as I'm fat I have an excuse to be unhappy. Once I'm thinner I'll have to discover, and fix, the deeper issues.

Eating in secret has always been a major issue of mine and one I need to fix so I don't pass unhealthy attitudes and habits on to my daughter.

Back