Secrets and lies....

rachelh

is loving the soup?!
Another question...sorry!
I am not telling people at the moment I am doing Lipotrim.
I have already lost 3 stone just through healthy eating, but stalled (I have severe binge eating problems). I just want them to assume I am back doing that for now, as I can't face the lectures!
But...I am going to my parents' house this weekend. There will be a couple of meals I will be having in their presence (although not all).
Any ideas for what excuse I can make for not eating? I was thinking of saying I have a stomach upset but not sure they will buy it!
Thanks in advance.

I vote the truth DO NOT BE ASHAMED of what path you have chosen for weightloss !! any lectures that start cut short with a medically approved diet... ie that is why it stems from a pharmacy it is approved by doctors! now im not been unsocial i will sit an enjoy your company any negative regard can be sent via b1n :D lol :p people know crap when they dont have the knowledge im fed up to the back teeeth of people who are like rakes mouthing how a diet should be done like they even know :D:p grrrrrrr sorry :p

be honest and tell them is medically monitored, the pharmasist is medically trainied so you are being monitored.

explain why you are doing it, and that it will teach you how to cope long term, and teach you to not obsess about food.

its all good stuff, or take the dvd for them to watch.

some people (like close family i told) - others i did not. i knew that for me, id get the lectures and the questions and that it wouldnt help me AT ALL so i just said i was going on different detoxes and took an unwrapped flapjack in foil and said id made it myself..it got me through and that was all that mattered :)

just do what you feel will help you. its your decision basically and you know what might disrupt your weight loss. i have to admit i did say i had a stomach upset once though but it felt bad lying so i just took along a flapjack when i had to go out when people didnt know...it was hard but it was also empowering too!!

h xxx

I started the diet because my dad and his wife lost weight, then me, my mum and her man started it... so i didnt have any problems in the parent department! But I didnt tell any friends until a couple of weeks ago... but once i told them they had no beef, so i dont know why i didnt tell them sooner... if people care for you and see that you are doing something to improve yourself and make yourself happy then they should have no issue really... just tell them what you are doing and let them see how happy you are doing it and how great it is! Im sure any doubt they have will soon disappear once they see you smile :) xox

I must admit that I haven't told many I am doing LT. My OH and children know as do a few close friends but that is all. I just want to concentrate on losing weight and can't be bothered to justify my decisions and defend LT. I tell them I am on a diet recommended by my doc (which is true) and have cut out all the cr*p from my diet, like choc, crisps, cakes, etc. Only one friend who knows as told me to be careful I don't put it all back on again.

You must do what you feel happiest with doing. If you don't want to lie then tell them what has been suggested above, that it is a GP recommended (doesn't matter if it wasn't your GP) diet, is medically designed to give you all the vitamins and minerals you need to keep you healthy and you have to stick to it 100%.

If you don't want to tell them then stick with detoxing or stomach bugs.

Good luck.

x

I've found being honest with anyone who has queried my diet, has really helped, and one of the guys who I work with has actully started on LT because he saw me doing it....
But it all depends on how comfortable you feel explaining all about it

I vote the truth DO NOT BE ASHAMED of what path you have chosen for weightloss !! any lectures that start cut short with a medically approved diet... ie that is why it stems from a pharmacy it is approved by doctors! now im not been unsocial i will sit an enjoy your company any negative regard can be sent via b1n :D lol :p people know crap when they dont have the knowledge im fed up to the back teeeth of people who are like rakes mouthing how a diet should be done like they even know :D:p grrrrrrr sorry :p

be honest and tell them is medically monitored, the pharmasist is medically trainied so you are being monitored.

explain why you are doing it, and that it will teach you how to cope long term, and teach you to not obsess about food.

its all good stuff, or take the dvd for them to watch.

Absolutely agree with the above posts :D

You are doing this for YOU - no-one else :)

I've been upfront & honest about LT since day 1 & have nothing but compliments about my willpower & also interest in how it works... :)

But at the end of the day - do what's best for you & your circumstances :)

Back