Seem to be struggling

KatrinaW

The first few weeks of my diet went great, consistant loss now the last week or so I have been up, down, up, down, up. I do weigh myself everyday which obviously puts it in my mind more. I haven't changed anything, eating and exercising the same as previous weeks, weighing myself at the same time everyday. It is really frustrating because I only have 7.5lbs to go (well depends if I am on an "up" or "down" day with my weight).
Just feel really ARGH and fed up, especially knowing my target isn't that far away. It is like my body is teasing me, lose 2lbs gain 2lbs so I'm never gonna get there. :sigh:

Hi Katrina...I notice how good your weight loss has been so far from your signature. It's normal to have a week or 2 where it stalls (perhaps for your body or mind to catch up with the weight loss, who knows really?). But usually you'd just lose more the week after. It might be an idea to stop weighing yourself everyday, as that'll just be demoralising. If you find it too difficult, maybe even just cut down to once every two days for now. If your exercise has been similar activities till now, you might want to take it up a notch for a few days to try and kickstart things (e.g more strenuous, or 1 extra hr in the week, etc). Also, keep in mind if your coming up to or it is your time of the month, you could be holding onto some extra water, which will go towards the end of your period.

I'm sure you'll get through your up/down phase

the last stone or so is always the hardest and sometimes it might be that is the weight our body is choosing as healthy., Your bmi seems within normal ranges so maybe stop being so hard on yourself and stop weighing daily and just enjoy what you have lost so far... you never know the final few pounds mightcreep off when youre not trying so hard. Good luck

Back