Self indulgent?

Chiquitita

Hi everyone, I just wanted to introduce myself and hopefully make some buddies on minimins. I have never written anything online about my weight as I feel very conscious but I have decided to start a healthy eating plan and hopefully combine it with some form of exercise. Hopefully today is the day that this decision gets me somewhere I want to be. I have been trying to lose weight since 2003. Gosh, writing it down makes me realise that this has been 10 years! 10 years of wishing and not acting upon it. It makes me depressed, but I suppose I am doing something about it. Are any of you starting a healthy plan today? Ideally I'd love to lose 12-13 kgs. I am sorry if this thread is a little self-indulgent but I feel as if I needed to write it down and if I get any replies, well that's a bonus.

Hey Chiquitita
I felt the same as you when I joined, it's scary to talk about something you've been hiding shame about- couldnt face putting my weight details on here either!
SW is great though, once you get into the swing of things it doesnt feel like a diet at all as you can have whatever you like with your syns, just with quantity control.
I've losy nearly 10kg since the start of the year so I'm sure you'll lose the weight easily! Just dont force it too much :) enjoy your syns, cutting them down wont speed things up at this point, an have all your healthy extras (measured!) and you'll be laughing!
A great way for advice and making friends on here is to start a food diary, which is also a great way to track what you are doing right/wrong!
X Sophie

Welcome to the forum Chiquitita, well you have taken a great first step I too realised my journey was is going to be. Really difficult one as it is for all of us, like Tetris, I joined Slimming World and I have really not looked back :) good luck with your method , I hope it goes well for you ;)

Hello :D Welcome to minimins :D

Back