Self sabotage!!

helenfrompoole

Why oh why have all of a sudden I got self sabotage syndrome?

I went months and months no slips or blips and now with goal so close Im finding this so hard?

Part of me thinks its due to my body image issues, with loose skin and bingo wings galore, i feel no better with my body like this than i do before. Obviously i feel healthier and i like the look in clothes better, but i do not feel any better about my actual body, maybe worse.

Before I was just a fat person... now i am a fat person with loose skin!

Arghh I dunno what is wrong with me! I am usually happy and upbeat but i am finding it all a bit too difficult atm!

Ive had a week and a half of total off railing, and I mean TOTALLY off the rails..

Anyway does anyone have any advice? I know i need to startt exercising to firm up my wobbely bits and get back on track, the glisten has come off the realisation of goal being sagsome skin and looking like a deflated baloon!

Hope your all well! xoxo

I did this. I think I was scared of being slim having been so overweight for so long.

Nip it in the bud now because you don't want to end up like I have. I am restarting New Year's Day because I have gained 5 of the 7st I lost :confused:

Focus on what life will be like at goal and the skin can be sorted. I think it can take about a year for it to go back to normal x

Hang in there Helen - give it time and it will be better. Don;t give in now when you have accomplished so much!

hang on in there! give your body some time to re-adjust, weight loss happens so quickly it may just need a bit of time to catch up!
chin up!!
oh.. and youre not a fat person with loose skin! youre a slim person waiting for her skin to catch up with the fantastic weight loss you have achieved!!

During my weight loss I've had times when it all felt too scary and overwhelming. Its worth thinking about why you feel like this. If it is the fear of what your body will look like - Once you stop losing things will improve. You can work out, firm things up and your skin will shrink. Will it look like it did before? Maybe not but for me at the start my skin was plumped out because of all the fat! How could I look like that with less fat? Skinny people's skin doesn't look the same as fat people's skin - that's without them losing lots of weight.

Or maybe the skin thing is a diversion from another fear. I know that one reason I put on the weight was that I found male attention uncomfortable. It didn't stop cos I put on weight so I kept eating! Anyway I have had to deal with that issue as I went along.

Your issues may well be different - or it may be simply about skin - but it is worth sorting them out as that way you are less likely to put it back on again.

Back